Post-Secondary News from Stanford?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by joanie987, Dec 6, 2002.

1. joanie987

joanie987 New Member

Is Stanford holding all of its pre-interview rejections til after a certain date? I was wondering if anyone had recently received a post-secondary, pre-interview rejection from Stanford. My app has been complete for 2.5 months, and I have yet to hear anything.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. UCLAMAN

UCLAMAN Air Jordan Collector

I thought there were people who have been rejected to stanford post secondary. (not 100% positive but pretty sure i've read it somewhere here) Also take a look at the "accepted, waitlisted, rejected" thread. Stanford has the most rejections. I think some of those are post secondary/pre-interview.

can anyone else confirm this info?

4. bujji13

bujji13 Senior Member

Yes, Stanford has given out many pre- and post- secondary rejections, and a few post-interview ones.

Joanie: They're rolling, so they don't wait until a certain date to do all the rejections or acceptances. As far as having to wait a long time, it's not a bad sign: I just found out yesterday I have an interview, after my file was complete for 3 months.

5. UCLAMAN

UCLAMAN Air Jordan Collector

bujjii...how does stanford notify for interviews? email? snailmail?

thanks in advance

6. bujji13

bujji13 Senior Member

ucla,

They only notify by snail mail, but I called them to find out, since I am making international travel plans based on this (last) interview.

7. nygirl6464

nygirl6464 Senior Member

i was thinking the same thing...i haven't heard from them in over 3 months either and i was wondering what was going on. my secondary was complete on 9/13 ...

8. dpy

dpy Senior Member

hey nygirl,

my file was complete on 9/10 and i just received an invite yesterday, so like bujji13 said, it's not a bad sign to not hear from them yet. good luck!

dpy

9. nygirl6464

nygirl6464 Senior Member

dpy---i hope my case is the same as yours!!! congrats on the interview!!! that's awesome!