Post-Secondary Stagnant Applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arikansas

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems like lots of people have stagnant applications at some schools, so post the schools you have stagnant apps at and hopefully other people will report whether these schools have sent out any post-secondary rejections yet. This will give us a better idea of whether we are still under consideration or not.

Drexel
Temple
Tufts
SLU

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mount Sinai
Jefferson
Johns Hopkins

I know that at least Jefferson has sent out rejections (at least I think so, I'm pretty sure my friend got one).

NYMC
Loyola
Hopkins
UC Davis
UC Irvine

tufts sent at least some post-secondary rejections last week...

MSSM has its last interviews tomorrow...

Originally posted by BoulderLABrat
MSSM has its last interviews tomorrow...

That's good to know. Nice of them to take the time to send me a prompt rejection letter after I applied 6 months ago....and after they cashed that fat check I sent them.

Originally posted by duka
tufts sent at least some post-secondary rejections last week...

Yep, I got one of those...

Still nada from Rush, Loyola, SLU, Drexel...

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Brickhouse
That's good to know. Nice of them to take the time to send me a prompt rejection letter after I applied 6 months ago....and after they cashed that fat check I sent them.

Seriously. I also paid to type and print on the PDF form so it would look extra perfect. This was like 30 bucks at Kinko's!

So, they took 100 for the app, 6 for the pretty picture, and I paid 30 to make the app pretty and no comment since August. Evil!

SLU is still sending out invites. i just received one which I declined. good luck all.

Originally posted by lightning4
stanford
I don't know if they've done post-secondary rejections, but they sure sent my pre-secondary rejection pretty damn quick.

bastards :mad:

that's because the screen for a secondary is pure numbers crunching by a computer. it's more complex than just grades and mcats. i got a secondary with a pretty subpar undergrad gpa. you get points for things like an advanced degree, age, etc. in any case, that's why the pre secondary decisions are so quick. there's no human factor.

UC Davis
MSSM
Wake Forest

Although I know that MSSM finishes interviewing tomorrow, and I'm pretty sure Wake is done too. If you're still waiting on Davis, the app is probably on hold for an interview. Terri said they would get back to us around the beginning of April, or at least she said that when I asked at the beginning of March.

Einstein finishes interviewing April 30th. I got an interview a week ago, and the earliest they had was April 20th, so they are probably done as well.

UCI was done March 15th, according to a post by a student on another thread.

UCSD is also almost done, I had an interview on 3/18 (invited mid-Feb). It wasn't a very good day for me, and I called to see when I might be able to reschedule it, but Yvonne said that it was near the end of the interviewing cycle.

When I contacted SLU for my interview they said any Monday or Tuesday in April was open, so I can only assume they're interviewing throughout the month. I have my interview on April 5 so wish me luck!! :laugh:

Oh, and does anyone know how full the SLU class is by now? I would guess they're only interviewing for the waitlist at this late stage...?

Still haven't heard anything from:

MSSM
Wake Forest
UConn
Miami
Tulane

hi all! I am still waiting on

Penn State
NYMC
Temple
UCLA
MSSM (according to all interviewing is done!)

Does anyone know about Temple and NYMC? When they stop interviewing

MCW
NYMC
mount sinai
uc davis

Just got a Wake Forest rejection today; said something about me being in an interview group but they can't interview that many people. I don't know if that means I was in the interview group labeled "No" rather than the group labeled "Yes", or if they just have a bunch of piles and pick the ones they invite at random.

Oh well, I heard it was a b*tch to get there anyway.

I had my interview at Temple last week and they said they're almost done interviewing and that they're finishing earlier this year compared to last year. I think they're finishing up this week of next week.
As for NYMC, I believe they interview til end of April.

I interviewed at Temple on Tuesday, and they told us we were the last group.