Post Step 2 CK Knowledge atrophy- how do I keep learning in 4th year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doggeronie

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took step 2 CK a little bit ago and I can already feel my knowledge base eroding away. I get pimp questions wrong that I know I used to know the answers to, and I'm slower to think through a lot of clinical scenarios. It's just embarassing. I've always been a binge and purge type learner, which means my foundation hasn't been great to begin with but I somehow made it to the end of med school.
But seeing as I'm almost done, I don't want to just forget everything I've learned as I coast for the rest of the year. I want to be sort of prepared by the time I start residency, I really don't want to be hurting or killing patients.

Should I download anki decks for Step 3? Watch onlinemeded or some other type of videos? Do amboss? What can I do to not become the idiot I was at the beginning of medical school?

P.S.
Yes, I know I should be learning from patients or on rotations, but in my experience that's very self-directed and disorganized. I'd prefer a more organized approach if possible.

Members don't see this ad.

If you are trying to impress attendings at Sub-Is I would definitely Anki it out. If it’s a medicine subspecialty or anything outside of general IM you can bust through a pre-made deck pretty fast. Then just add stuff when needed.

If it is general IM I think the best bet would to study your patients’ pathology/drugs as best as you can before rounds and work hard.

If it’s not a sub-I or impacting match just chill. Nobody knows everything and everybody forgets stuff.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just started doing wiwa, wish I did this before I took CK but it is what it is

Just want to say I also feel this way. I also did very well on CK.

Buy FA for Step 3 and read 10 pages/day.