Post your MCAT daily study routine!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quiksilver87

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just was wondering what your typical day during an MCAT study period would look like!
Heres mine:

Wake up at 7
Eat sandwich for breakfast and take brewer's yeast + fish oil
Go outside for about 5-10 minutes to take in the sun...
Go to library ~8:30 am
Study untill 3:30 (have snack ~12:30)
Eat again at 4...take B vitamin supplement + fish oil
go to gym from 5:00 - 6:00 pm
Go to Princeton review class 7:00 - 9:30 (MTWTh)
Go home and eat light meal...Shower...
Sleep ~11:00pm
Rinse and repeat
(my diet rules are low sugar... no caffeine!)

I just ordered some rhodiola rosea supplement...Its supposed to give you mental stamina...Has anyone tried it?
I just started on monday and am still getting used to the sleep cycle...Im taking the MCAT on august 14!!

I took my first TPR diag and got a 3V 5PS 8BS ==> 16L Total
How do you suggest I study for my verbal?? Did anyone else suck this bad at verbal?? And yes, my primary language is English!

Members don't see this ad.

you guys crack me up...ahhh the things people do in order to get a good MCAT score...

did i forget to mention that i snort a line of crack right after poppin a ritalin. i find that it really gives u alot of energy. sometimes i even make a peanut butter and crack sandwich for a quick pick me up.

MMMMM...mmmm...peanut butter n crack sandwiches...hahahha
tyrone.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Practice Mouse clicking (9 am to 10 am)

Study Break

Finally to pull up my verbal I complete a couple of Where's Waldo books.

dont let those scores get you down, my verbal was like in the 5-6 range when i first started also. practicing really helped getting my timing down so that i could have more time on main idea questions. also i was able to improve my attention span while reading those passages so that i wouldn't miss as many details. i'm sure you'll improve!

I just was wondering what your typical day during an MCAT study period would look like!
Heres mine:

Wake up at 7
Eat sandwich for breakfast and take brewer's yeast + fish oil
Go outside for about 5-10 minutes to take in the sun...
Go to library ~8:30 am
Study untill 3:30 (have snack ~12:30)
Eat again at 4...take B vitamin supplement + fish oil
go to gym from 5:00 - 6:00 pm
Go to Princeton review class 7:00 - 9:30 (MTWTh)
Go home and eat light meal...Shower...
Sleep ~11:00pm
Rinse and repeat
(my diet rules are low sugar... no caffeine!)

I just ordered some rhodiola rosea supplement...Its supposed to give you mental stamina...Has anyone tried it?
I just started on monday and am still getting used to the sleep cycle...Im taking the MCAT on august 14!!

I took my first TPR diag and got a 3V 5PS 8BS ==> 16L Total
How do you suggest I study for my verbal?? Did anyone else suck this bad at verbal?? And yes, my primary language is English!

does anybody work? seriously
well, for ppl like me spending 10+ hours a day, mcat is a full time job. for those spending <4, get a job u bums! lol, jk.:beat: look! im beating my meat! ahahhaaha. i saw that smiley and had to get it out of my system.

here's mine:

1) keep MCAT book in the bathroom
2) consume at least 20g fiber daily

LOL!

Heres mine...

6:00 Wake Up, Shower, Eat, Walk outside for a lil bit
8:00 STUDY (using EK 10 week home study schedule)
12:00 STOP Study
6:00-8:00 Work Out at Gym
9:00 Study: look over next days material
11:00 SLEEP!

btw how are u guys splitting up ur study time for each subject??? and what are you using??? (EK, KAPLAN, TPR)

hey btw guys....I'm not using Kaplan so what exam should I take for diagnostic purposes???? I heard CBT 3R is kinda on the easy side...any1 know a good one.

and oh yeah...i'd make sure to keep off the ROH lol...i think 1 night of heavy drinking impairs ur thinking/memory for like a month!

darzi...Everyone has their own preference about subject splitting...I finish a subject in about 1 week. When I finish all 4 I start doing practice problems and tests. I am using the TPR books.
YOur study schedule is lookin good! what do you do between noon and 6pm?

darzi...Everyone has their own preference about subject splitting...I finish a subject in about 1 week. When I finish all 4 I start doing practice problems and tests. I am using the TPR books.
YOur study schedule is lookin good! what do you do between noon and 6pm?

Nothing MCAT related! I think anything more than 6hrs a day is overboard! 10-12 hrs...u guys are nutts! It's good to make that tentative but I'm sure that it wont last long...make a reasonable schedule for urselves and actually do it! :D