Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Post your Stupid AMCAS, Secondary mistakes here!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by tatabox80, Oct 29, 2002.

1. tatabox80

tatabox80 Super-Duper Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hey I recently posted how I mistakenly called the hospital I had volunteered at the wrong name on my application and found that quite a few people have done stupid things like this on their apps. Let's hear some more :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. wannabedoc81

wannabedoc81 Member
    7+ Year Member

I cut and pasted out of a word document. I didn't think this was a dumb mistake until....I submitted my AMCAS and saw that all of my apostrophe and quotation marks had turned into question marks :mad:

3. Polar girl

Polar girl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Mine was one big paragraph, too.

4. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

one of my activities says it starts 12/02 instead of 12/01. i'm not sure if that was my stupidity or an accident with the wheely thing on the mouse that changed the dropped down menu selection from 01 to 02.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Angel_Eyes

Angel_Eyes Member
    10+ Year Member

I did that to. (cut & paste from word w/ question marks)
    That has got to be the #1 mistake that close to all of us have made this year!
    :mad:

6. siempre595

7+ Year Member

I wondered about the one paragraph thing, so I called AMCAS. The rep told me they all look like that on our side. It actually transmits correctly!!

:love:

7. Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member

I submitted a secondary saying, "attached are my publications" and sent in just the letter....without the publications.

8. lll505

lll505 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Wrote many of my secondaries from Costa Rica w/o spell check in English... needless to say when I checked out my essays when I returned to the states they were full of mistakes. To top it off, I was thinking in Spanish so my English sounded like this...

"When I had 15 years old, I lived in the house green..."

I once even forgot to change a word from Spanish to English!!

9. manicmaven

manicmaven all aboard the nerd train
    7+ Year Member

My amcas application has one of my activities lasting a 'negative' amount of time. Something like 12/02 to 11/01. Awesome.

10. redleft123

redleft123 Ho' Dawg
    7+ Year Member

Don't you hate it when you run spell check....and it goes thru because the misspelled words are real words, too. :rolleyes:

Get this.....instead of writing "does not," I put the space in the wrong place. Instead, I typed "doe snot." :oops:

Gross....I'll never look at Bambi again without that sinking feeling in my gut! :p

Cheers

11. OP
    OP
    tatabox80

tatabox80 Super-Duper Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician

Doe Snot! That's hilarious! :laugh: :laugh:

12. alisha75

alisha75 Member
    10+ Year Member

on my secondary app to one school, i cut and pasted parts of another essay i had written for another school and i accidently left the other school's name in the essay. i forgot to change it and i didn't notice it until i wanted to use the same line for another essay. but i had already mailed it and it was too late. i had a happy laugh about that one.

13. efjayen

efjayen Member
    7+ Year Member

i saw the question marks and corrected them BUT i didn't press SAVE before submitting the application!!! so all my changes weren't applied!!!!:mad:

14. Nefertari

Nefertari Undercover Premed
    7+ Year Member

Oohh! :eek: That's sounds like the ultimate 2ndary nightmare--I've thought @ this too. Hopefully, it wasn't one of your favorite schools. :laugh:

I have to constantly remind myself to use the find/replace function after cut & paste.

15. Nefertari

Nefertari Undercover Premed
    7+ Year Member

Forgot to ask if you wrote, "___ Medical School is my first choice." :laugh:

Btw, I'm impressed that you didn't freak out & start a thread @ it like some of us would after doing that.