Post your summer plans here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prettypea

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Am in dire need of inspiration here - just looking up internships and jobs etc feels like a full time job...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm gonna work at a summer camp. :D Maybe end up not so pasty.

Home remodelling with a focus on stone, tile and trim..... also pre-booked to do two major remodels and a workshop. You guys have fun with your research and preceptorships..... I'll be busy with power-tools :D

Members don't see this ad :)
NS research :oops:

I'm volunteerng as an EMT in Jerusalem with Magen David Adom (Israeli Red Cross). While i'm there, i'm also going to be conducting a mini research project on the impact of conflict on EMS/emergency healthcare delivery. I'm currently trying to set up some shadowing with the trauma team at Hadassah hospital, but we'll see how that goes. Oh, and of course all of this will be supplemented by some scuba diving in Eilat... yay!! :)

Quid

P.S. I recently got approval for funding from my school for all of this --> very excited! :)

very nice quid...sounds great!

research for me, lung tranplant/animal surgery etc. hopefully take a couple weeks of traveling so the pastiness isn't too bad. :)

hrmmmm

summer? I dont need no stickin' summer!

I'll be knee deep in clinicals.

By day I'll be sequencing chloroplast genes to investigate phylogenetic relationships for a prof.

By night I'll be hitting the bars around town and winning my med school tuition playing poker with my friends.

I will be doing clinical work in Guatemala and learning spanish..also some kayaking in tennessee.

I'm working in a molecular genetics lab at school, and on the weekends I'll be working at the beach to bring in some extra cash.

Paid surgical summer fellowship involving rotations through different surgical departments and clinical cancer research. Should be fun.

And going to as many Tigers games as possible!

Waitressing, hiking, swimming, roller blading, camping, breathing fresh air, and enjoying life in BURLINGTON...

I've asked before and I'll ask again... any UVM med students want to sublet their place to me for the summer?

I plan on doing a whole lot of nothing. Am I the only one?

sacrificing ~100 rats for cancer research

EM preceptorship at Parkland in Dallas and then ob/gyn clinic in Vietnam. Hopefully a stop over in Singapore too. And Thailand to see the girlie boys.

research on brain tumor vaccines at Moffitt Cancer

Bump!!! Now that we're in/almost in summer, post your plans!!

quideam said:
Bump!!! Now that we're in/almost in summer, post your plans!!
I was gonna be a gunnner and do a internship,.. but I am not a gunner, and FP is where I wanna be. So.. I will be climbing, road riding, helping a friend with a new home upgrade and relaxin.

Absolutely nothing. And I plan on enjoying it, too. :D

UCLAstudent said:
Absolutely nothing. And I plan on enjoying it, too.

Yeah, I'm happily unemployed now. I don't know why people fear getting laid off so much. I love not having anything to do all day. I can read whatever I want, go places whenever I want, do whatever I want. Just last Wednesday morning I got to go canoeing. Canoeing! On a Wednesday! I never would have had that kind of luxury if I had been employed. Man, I can't wait for retirement. Just forty more years and counting.