Postage for secondary envelopes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Robizzle

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I know we're all trying to get our secondaries done and stuff them in those big manila envelopes. So my question is... would a 39 cent stamp be sufficient for this? I'm pretty sure it doesn't depend on how far across the country it is.. just the weight, right? Or does size count also and it costs a little more?

Members don't see this ad.

Robizzle said:
So I know we're all trying to get our secondaries done and stuff them in those big manila envelopes. So my question is... would a 39 cent stamp be sufficient for this? I'm pretty sure it doesn't depend on how far across the country it is.. just the weight, right? Or does size count also and it costs a little more?

Typically only the weight. I just go to the post office and use the automatic machine, so much easier that way. Some secondaries get to be *heavy* like the tufts one...

If you are close to a post office, Id suggest just driving there.

most post offices have a little scale that will tell you the postage required for your mail. i think it's just easiest to go and do that. you could always slap on 2 or 3 stamps to be safe but i think that's a waste.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can use one $.37 stamp for up to 4 letter sized sheets of paper.

When I applied, I had no idea what the postage would be for my secondaries. I heard from a friend that the Post Office would actually tell you. I know - crazy!

really this thread is not a joke?? WOW.

gimmeabreak said:
really this thread is not a joke?? WOW.

while it is a trivial matter, I do not think it is nice to insult the person starting the thread. We all know how anal and worrisome premeds are, since we all are :mad:

Man, you guys are helpless.