Postbac premed programs in San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctorindahouse

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I am a student at Columbia postbac premed program. I had to take a leave of absence due to my family emergency and now it is difficult for me to go back to New York. I was wondering if anyone know postbac premed program near San Francisco area? I would prefer postbac premed program with committee letter support. Also, please share how your experience was at that program. (additional support in application process/ size of the postbac student community/ support in finding volunteering jobs etc.)

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard good things about the postbac program at Mills college, though I have no personal experience with it.

I'm starting year four of the UCBX program. Been going slowly while I work full time. It's a fine program for the self-motivated student. Classes are hit or miss, depending on your professor.
The support is minimal compared to a full time program like Mills or what I know of Columbia's. But there is advising available, and the program was just taken over by someone who was at the Mills program for like twenty years. We're excited for her experience.

They definitely do a committee letter.

I just chipped away class by class. I didn't apply to the formal program until this summer, mainly for the committee letter. I think I will get some advising too.

Classes are expensive at ~$1k apiece. They only meet 1x a week, so you need to be good at self-studying.

I'll reiterate this program is definitely for the more independent student.

Good luck!