Doctorindahouse

2+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2016
I am currently enrolled in one of the IVY league postbac program. I already took Gen Chem I, II, Physics I, II with labs and Bio lab. I was supposed to take Bio I, II, Orgo I, II, Gen Chem Lab in the upcoming year. Due to family emergency and I have to move to another state within next month.

I am looking into postbac programs in San Francisco or LA area. So far, I am interested in Scripps, San Francisco State university, Loyola Marymount University LA, Charles Drew postbac programs.

I am not very familiar with any of the programs. If anyone is familiar with the programs, can you tell me how these programs are like? Also, if anyone know any other programs in the nearby area, please let me know.

Thank you all for your input!

parachichi

2+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Are you looking for a formal postbac specifically, or would you be okay with doing a DIY postbac (taking individual classes)? I really liked UC Berkeley Extension. Their classes are about $900 a pop for four hours a week, more in-class group work than homework, offered at convenient times for people who work, and located mostly in SF and Berkeley. Teachers were all fine, in my book (I took Orgo I & II plus labs, biochem, and a physics lab.)

Edit: Only in-person, though. Haven't heard good things about the online courses.

dkt888

5+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2014
Status
Resident [Any Field]
CSU East Bay is in the SF Bay Area. I did the post-bacc there. It's expensive, but I highly recommend it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask or PM me.