1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

postbacc advice...please!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by simseema17, Nov 7, 2000.

1. Hi guys,
    I am just curious about postbacc programs. What exactly are they, who is in them, how
    can I get in them and if they have them for dental schools. After a postbacc program,
    what happens? Any, ANY ounce of advice would be greatly appreciated. I am just trying
    to make many other options for me in the chance I don't get accepted into any dental school. Thanks for your comments/advice [​IMG]

"Hope for the best, but plan for the worst"

------------------

2. Thebeyonder

Thebeyonder Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I am enrolled in an undergraduate program
    in Connecticut. I have a BA in psychology.
    There is a post-bacc program at the school
    I am taking undergraduate courses. I have
    a low undergrad science gpa so I am taking
    undergrad science courses. I talked to the
    dental school associate dean of admissions
    and he said it would be better to take under
    grad than to take grad (postbacc) classes.
    I would recommend taking the MCAT and the
    DAT and applying to dental and osteopathic
    schools. Or you could also apply to PA
    schools. Try to keep your options open.

------------------
    tb

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Thanks for your advice...I'm still waiting to hear from 12 schools in the meantime. I think I will look into them to keep my options open. I am like you, I will graduate in May with a BS in psych, but need to raise my science GPA. Any other specific advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated...thanks :)

------------------