Postdoc Interview Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

child_psych123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I received a postdoc interview that has to be in-person (which requires me to fly across the country.) I applied to a few other postdoc sites in the same area, but have not heard back from them regarding a potential interview or rejection. Would it be okay to reach out to those sites and check in? My hope is that if I do receive an interview that I could interview around the same time period, so that I don’t have to fly back and forth another time. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

How long has it been since the application deadline? For postdoc positions, I’d wait about 3-4 weeks after that before checking in to give them a chance to review the applications.

So, I received a postdoc interview that has to be in-person (which requires me to fly across the country.) I applied to a few other postdoc sites in the same area, but have not heard back from them regarding a potential interview or rejection. Would it be okay to reach out to those sites and check in? My hope is that if I do receive an interview that I could interview around the same time period, so that I don’t have to fly back and forth another time. Any thoughts?
I had this same issue. I waited a little over a month then followed up saying I was trying to make travel plans. Two of the three got back to me with one interview offer so it's def worth following up.