PhD/PsyD Postdoctoral Fellow Psychology Liability Insurance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

klp1031

Reaction score
Any suggestions for affordable liability insurance as a postdoctoral fellow? I always had the student insurance, but the upgraded one is insanely expensive despite the fact that I am still under my supervisors' insurance policies.

Members don't see this ad.

Any suggestions for affordable liability insurance as a postdoctoral fellow? I always had the student insurance, but the upgraded one is insanely expensive despite the fact that I am still under my supervisors' insurance policies.

In what kind of setting is your fellowship? Is it a private practice? Others may be able to give more guidance with that info.

During my fellowship, my liability insurance was paid by my employer and the same is true now as a licensed psychologist. I work in a clinic affiliated with an AMC. During my years in practicum, it was paid by my school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I stuck with the trust as a postdoc, even though I was covered under my employer. It made the most sense for me and I am glad I continued the policy without interruption. But yes, I do remember that price jump. I wasn't able to find any other reasonable alternatives other than being offered a discount by American Professional Agency to switch over. It wasn't enough to make it worthwhile to me though.