posted in OSTEO by accident...sorry for the double post

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc Henry

blowin' in the wind
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would appreciate it if anyone with the time would take a look at my mdapps profile and let me know if I'm on the right track as far as # and type of schols.

I have no MCAT score yet and I wont until September (sitting for 8/6 mcat) so I tried to apply broadly and to schools that are friendly to OOS.

My frustration is that I know most schools will send automatic secondaries which will be time consuming and expensive...and in many cases pointless.

Honestly I can't really afford to pay for all those apps right now so I'll probably have to send them in chunks as I can afford them.

I really did my research with my MSAR and this is the best I could come up with...but since I can't afford them all, any suggestions for the ones I should drop?

Members don't see this ad.

If you have practice scores on your MCAT, it would help you to decide on what schools to apply. Even though it is expensive, I still suggest apply broadly to as many schools as you can afford - both allo and osteo.

If you have practice scores on your MCAT, it would help you to decide on what schools to apply. Even though it is expensive, I still suggest apply broadly to as many schools as you can afford - both allo and osteo.

Thanks. I don't have any practice scores because I haven't started yet. I start my prep June 17th. I guess as I go through Kaplan I can get a good idea though

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. I don't have any practice scores because I haven't started yet. I start my prep June 17th. I guess as I go through Kaplan I can get a good idea though

Until you have an MCAT score it is impossible to give you useful advice. With a 3.4 and a good MCAT, one would think you could focus more heavilly on allo, if you so desired; unless you are telegraphing by your list that you think the MCAT is going to be below 30.

And you probably won't need to apply to 40+ schools in any event, if you select wisely.

I'd drop all of the SUNY schools, you're from WA, they aren't going to look further at you unless you had really great stats. Also I'd drop Rochester unless it's your dream school.

Until you have an MCAT score it is impossible to give you useful advice. With a 3.4 and a good MCAT, one would think you could focus more heavilly on allo, if you so desired; unless you are telegraphing by your list that you think the MCAT is going to be below 30.

And you probably won't need to apply to 40+ schools in any event, if you select wisely.

I don't think my list is telegraphing that I think my MCAT will be below 30...I mean, all the DO schools I chose were the older ones with good reputations and the MD schools i based more on my GPA.

Yea, I think you're right about the 40+ thing...I'll probly drop at least 5-7 MD schools and probably even more DO schools.

Thanks for your input