• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

SCPremed87

Apr 27, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I've been working in a lab for five months now and I'm just finishing up a project I planned that yielded some nice positive results. I'd like to potentially present my data in a poster but have yet to discuss this with my PI. I have looked around and most conferences require you to be members of their professional associations, and most of those associations require you to be an undergrad, grad student, or phd scientist.

But having just graduated recently, and only working as an RA/lab tech i'm not in any of those categories. would i be able to submit the poster so long as my pi is the last author? Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Apr 18, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
What did you find in 5 months that could possibly warrant a poster? I'm just legit curious is all

And not being any of the above things you mentioned doesn't mean anything at all, your PI would help set you up with all the paperwork to get that happening.

I created a poster for a couple of conferences that took my data and combined it with the graduate students I work with. I presented it at two undergraduate conferences. Their names were included on the poster is all.

I'm answering you because I've only been on the team for about 6 months. Still worth putting on my AMCAS though for sure.

Shakespeare37

WINNING
Mar 28, 2011
Wherever I go, there I is.
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I've been working in a lab for five months now and I'm just finishing up a project I planned that yielded some nice positive results. I'd like to potentially present my data in a poster but have yet to discuss this with my PI. I have looked around and most conferences require you to be members of their professional associations, and most of those associations require you to be an undergrad, grad student, or phd scientist.

But having just graduated recently, and only working as an RA/lab tech i'm not in any of those categories. would i be able to submit the poster so long as my pi is the last author? Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I work in a lab as an RA, graduated a long time ago, and don't have a graduate degree. I've presented posters at more than one conference as an 'undergrad'. Just talk to your PI.... no one at any of my conferences has even asked/ given a damn about what category I was in.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.