SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Posting of MCAT scores

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by birdman, Jun 13, 2001.

1. birdman

birdman Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 7, 2001
    churchville, Pa
    I was just curious what people got on their MCAT's. If you could just write what school or schools you are accepted at and what your MCAT score is I would appreciate it. Im just curious because i had a friend get into pcom with a 20, and i thought that was interesting.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. WanabeDR

WanabeDR Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 2, 2001
    a friend of mine got 24 and get in LECOM ;)
    I think as long as you have more then 25 with good GPA you can get in any med school :) MD or DO :D it just depend on how and where you apply too ;) Don't warry too much ..and don't give up. by the way I am working on it :D good luck

4. birdman

birdman Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 7, 2001
    churchville, Pa
    Thank you amisoone. Just curious what I am working on it means??? Thanks

5. electra

electra SDN Moderator 7+ Year Member

Apr 20, 2001
    Michigan
    hi jason,

I took it twice and finished with a 27 both times, 12 in verbal, low in PS (come on, I'm a CAT, the only thing I know about thermodynamics is that the seat your sitting in is warm ;-)) .

While I received secondaries from 18 of 24 schools in the first go round, not one nibble for interviews....rejected outright.

Second time around, I applied to more osteo schools and received five interviews and five acceptances. I turned down three interviews after depositing.

Not sure what the message is....do the very best you can on MCAT, get good grades and pray. The first filter is the numbers filter...all the other stuff in the world doesn't seem to help you if you can;t get by that!..

good luck,

electra

6. amayer24

amayer24 Member 10+ Year Member

Apr 25, 2001
    Brooklyn, NY 11235
    electra,

Do you mind me asking, which schools did you interview at and where did you decide to attend?

Thank you.

7. electra

electra SDN Moderator 7+ Year Member

Apr 20, 2001
    Michigan
    hi amayer,

I interviewed at UHS-COM (which is the school I chose), Kirksville, which I also liked quite a bit, my second choice, Touro, also a good experience, Western (not for me) and CCOM. Had requests from DMU, MSUCOM, and LECOM, and declined, because I had already deposited at UHS. I had really liked the school, and just couldn't see losing a seat to interview somewhere else. And, let's face it, interviewing is EXPENSIVE!

and jason,

I hope that you are successful off the wait list. If not, be sure and ask if you can apply EDP and get in first thing for 2006. That way you only have to apply for one school.

If you take the test again, my one suggestion for the verbal is that if you skip a passage, draw a small line underneath where you skip, so that there is something to catch your eye when you go back to the answer sheet. Verbal was always my best area, so I can;t tell you too much else.

good luck

electra

8. sporrt

sporrt Member 10+ Year Member

Jun 8, 2000
    Newark
    Took the Mcat Twice, scored a 22 and 23 with a 5 in verbal the first time. Accepted at LECOM and PCOM and will be attending PCOM in the fall.

9. Choirgrl05

Choirgrl05 Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 22, 2001
    Shreveport, LA, USA
    Hi,
    I got a 26, with a 10 in the bio sci, and then 8's. I interviewed at pikeville and Nova and decided on Nova.

10. veronica

veronica Junior Member 7+ Year Member

May 14, 2001
    Jason-
    I have a friend who did not get into LECOM first time around but did a post-bac. program there for a year. The program is great- you take all M1 classes and almost everyone gets into LECOM the next year. Imagine having the first year of medical school a review (same teachers, same lectures) What a great deal! Just a thought.
    Veronica