Oct 26, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
My exam is this coming Friday and I'm not going to lie, I'm stressing.. My BC averages for the exams as well as my scores for the 2007 practice exam are listed below:

BC-
Bio/GC/OC/PAT(7/10)/RC/QR(2/5)
20/20/20/19/20/19

*Some tests were better than others, of course. my strong suit is NOT Bio, I'm a rising senior, Biochem and Molecular Bio major and haven't taken any formal courses on Ecology, A&P or Evolution (other than intro. Bio courses).

2007 DAT (*Used the converter found in Kaplan Blue Book)-
Bio/GC/OC/PAT *Haven't finished RC/QR

18/20/20/24

Any advice? I'm going to focus my time on reviewing Feralis and taking the 2009 version tomorrow.

OP
Shallett
Oct 26, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Planning on a gap year, actually. I want to pursue a DDS/PhD in the long run though so I'm not sure how much higher (if at all) my scores should be compared to schools' averages.

duckyofrubber

2+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
My scores on Bootcamp were similar to yours, and I ended up with a score I was happy with. I was really stressed out before the exam too-- it's normal! If you really believe you aren't ready, then postpone, but judging from your practice scores, it seems like you're in good shape.

Nov 22, 2014
Status
Non-Student
Even if you get exactly those scores on the real DAT, the scores are above average, slightly, for acceptance. Why are you taking a gap year?

OP
Shallett
Oct 26, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
I'm still going for it! last minute cramming currently.. thanks for the advice (will post score overview sometime tomorrow-contingent on doing well!).

I'm taking a gap year because I went abroad last semester and was working 40+ hours as a lab tech. at UMich Dent June & July. Taking time away from studying to complete the app. seemed risky to me, since my scores are more important than matriculating a year earlier. Also if I get into a dual program it would be nice to have a year off to work before embarking on a 7+ year program.

irishmom

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2011
Status
Dental Student
GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!!
The practice exams are harder most of the time so don't worry. You'll be ready.
This. I never actually finished the QR when I was doing DAT bootcamp and ended up with like a 19 on it IRL.

Reactions: hannah_hoac
Feb 19, 2014
Minnesota
Status
Dental Student
Never finished QR on bootcamp and managed a 24 on the test.