Quantcast

Postponing DAT from July 14th to the 21st?

DATBooster | The Ultimate DAT Resource
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZaneKaiser

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does it make a difference to being considered "early" if I delay my DAT one week from the 14th to the 21st. Considering scores are sent out and received by schools 2-3 weeks after I take the test, if I take the latter date the schools should be receiving them around the first week of August?

Advance

DDS
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Take the test when you are ready. One week won't make a difference.

Reactions: 1 user

Charles_Darwin

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I postponed mine from July 21st to August 2nd - the rest of SDN told me it was better to have a later but higher score.

ZaneKaiser

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Idk, I've read conflicting opinions. If I take the DAT on July 21st, there's a good chance I won't have my application complete and submitted until Mid-August right?! But if I take it July 14th, it could be done by end of July to the first week of August. Does 7 days really make a difference for when your application is complete?

alginatewarrior

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
The nature of the test is that you're not going to feel ready for it, if you put in ample time prior to studying the meat of the material take it!

Cranjis McBasketball

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Idk, I've read conflicting opinions. If I take the DAT on July 21st, there's a good chance I won't have my application complete and submitted until Mid-August right?! But if I take it July 14th, it could be done by end of July to the first week of August. Does 7 days really make a difference for when your application is complete?
A week later with a higher DAT score is better than a week earlier with a lower DAT score.

rhemsley

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Submit your application now if you have everything besides DAT score. Then once you're done with your test it will just add that and your app will be complete.

SableFire

D4
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
You can always email the schools you applied to and see if they will accept the score via fax or email. Worked for me when I did it.