Potential Issue With Work/Activities Section After Submitting AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premedstudent149

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was looking through my work/activities section in my submitted AMCAS and I noticed that some of my entries have a caution sign next to them, while others have check marks. Does anyone know the reason for these caution marks or also see them on their application? One similarity is that all those activities have anticipated hours, while the ones with the check marks don't. I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Edit: I want to add that these caution marks appear under the "status" heading

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I was looking through my work/activities section in my submitted AMCAS and I noticed that some of my entries have a caution sign next to them, while others have check marks. Does anyone know the reason for these caution marks or also see them on their application? One similarity is that all those activities have anticipated hours, while the ones with the check marks don't. I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Edit: I want to add that these caution marks appear under the "status" heading
It’s because the first month for anticipated hours should have been in June, not the current month of submission. But if you already submitted yesterday then it probably isn’t a big deal.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It’s because the first month for anticipated hours should have been in June, not the current month of submission. But if you already submitted yesterday then it probably isn’t a big deal.
Yes, I think that might be the issue. When I spoke with AMCAS it appears that they have been getting calls about these caution marks from a few applicants throughout the day.

Yes, I think that might be the issue. When I spoke with AMCAS it appears that they have been getting calls about these caution marks from a few applicants throughout the day.
Did they say anything about a resolution when you called? Same thing happened to me - I'm kind of peeved it wasn't flagged as a mistake prior to submission.

Did they say anything about a resolution when you called? Same thing happened to me - I'm kind of peeved it wasn't flagged as a mistake prior to submission.
They did not specify anything about a resolution, other than that they are aware of the issue and are working on it. Hoping it does not affect verification time.

They did not specify anything about a resolution, other than that they are aware of the issue and are working on it. Hoping it does not affect verification time.
Verification is strictly related to transcripts. They will either fix this or issue a notice to schools explaining the issue and telling them to ignore it. It's not going to impact your application at all.

Reactions: 1 users
Verification is strictly related to transcripts. They will either fix this or issue a notice to schools explaining the issue and telling them to ignore it. It's not going to impact your application at all.
That is very reassuring to hear, thank you!