Potential Reapplication Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LondonVibes

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Note: This is a repost as I was missing some critical information on an earlier post that was needed.

I am looking at a possible reapplication with how my cycle has gone. Would you guys be able to give feedback about why you think my application cycle did not go so well?

Descriptions: Asian American male, complete between July and September, AZ resident

IIs received: UCF (rejected), Creighton (pending)

MCAT - 519 (March 2020)

GPA - 4.00

Extracurriculars:

Summer 2019 Hospital Transport Services Volunteering - 190 hours (June 2019 - August 2019)

Shadowing - 400 hours (half days at clinics during 2017 and 2018 school breaks)

Medical Student Association - 100 hours volunteering + meetings (January 2018 - present) (nonclinical nature and underserved) (Currently making plans on how to function during COVID)

Speech Lab - 750 hours (August 2018 - present). Worked on splicing sound files in multiple ways. No project/experiment experience when my AMCAS for this cycle was submitted.

A mentoring children club (teaching kids how to read) - 90 hours (August 2018 - present)

Intramural Sports - 20 hours (Fall 2018 and Fall 2019)

School List:
  1. UofA Phoenix
  2. UofA Tucson - on pre-interview waitlist since August
  3. California Northstate
  4. Central Michigan University
  5. Rosalind Franklin University
  6. Drexel
  7. Emory
  8. University of Central Florida
  9. University of Illinois
  10. University of Miami
  11. Creighton
  12. GWU
  13. Georgetown
  14. Indiana
  15. USC
  16. Temple
  17. MCW
  18. MSUCOM
  19. Rush
  20. Saint Louis University
  21. Tufts
  22. UCLA
  23. UCSD

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Seeing as you received two interview invites, there are no glaring red flags in your application. Nonclinical volunteering, especially to the underserved, seems to be on the low side. Brushing up on your interview skills would also be good. How do you feel about your letter of recs and the quality of your essays? And what is your state of residence? (helps to secure a good school list)