voteknope

2+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2016
Status
Medical Student
Is it considered bad form to delay scheduling an interview once invited? Say a school only offers dates in September, would it reflect poorly to wait to schedule until October/November dates show up?

I understand that this early in the cycle, the delay (<1 month) itself probably wouldn't actually affect my chances, but I am worried that it gives the impression of being less interested in that school.

Thanks!!

Also- same question for rescheduling interviews to a later date.

Last edited:

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
Academic Administration
They want to interview you in September. It does reflect badly on you to sit on the application and not sign up for one of the dates offered.

OP
voteknope

voteknope

2+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2016
Status
Medical Student
They want to interview you in September. It does reflect badly on you to sit on the application and not sign up for one of the dates offered.
Thanks for the reply! If I am unable to come to any of the offered dates, should I just call them directly? I figured that if they do not show up on the portal, they have no other dates available. My only options are to reschedule other interviews or wait. :(

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
Academic Administration
If you are not available on any of the dates offered, contact the school, explain that you are unable to attend any of the dates offered and ask if you could be offered an available date the week of ....