Pound for pound best MMA of all time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sevoflurane

Ride
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Brutal injury. Funny thing is he didn't feel it until he tried to stand on it.

Will he be back? Yes. Will he conquer again? I don't know.

Reality check for the "spider".

RTX16W8O.jpg

Happy new years y'all. Have fun and be safe.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You can really see weidman's checking technique in this image. Gnarly man. But, you know, silva humiliated the world's best fighters for years, and the fight game is just brutal. You don't want to see this happen to any athlete but I think weidman is not getting the credit for his talent in destroying silva twice because of the seeming accidental way both bouts ended.

Cheers.

Mmm....38 y/o. I have no idea the lifespan of an MMA fighter, but this beast would be the guy that could return. That said - that's a bad injury for a bus driver - if I had to bet, I'd say he doesn't fight again. There. I said it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mmm....38 y/o. I have no idea the lifespan of an MMA fighter, but this beast would be the guy that could return. That said - that's a bad injury for a bus driver - if I had to bet, I'd say he doesn't fight again. There. I said it.

Could either be a very anticlimactic and unworthy ending for such an iconic figure or one of the greatest comebacks ever.

Is it bad on residency interviews to mention MMA as an interest? I've been asked what my outside interests are and I've always mentioned watching MMA. BTW, Silva is done and I'd pick Weidman over Vitor Belfort.

Is it bad on residency interviews to mention MMA as an interest? I've been asked what my outside interests are and I've always mentioned watching MMA. BTW, Silva is done and I'd pick Weidman over Vitor Belfort.

I'm a standup comedy and mma fan boy and if asked I mention it. If people are too dumb to figure out that professional football with its car collision impact forces on people's heads is somehow civil but mma is horrifying then I can't help them with their delusions. It's their problem. And I'm applying psych which tends toward the non-athletic/non-physical end of the spectrum.

Yep. You def. need to give some serious credit to Weidman for doing it twice.

Silva is one bad dude. It's unfortunate that he was injured like this, but these fighters know the risks involved. I think Jon Jones has a shot at supplanting Silva as the most elite fighter of all time, but that will take many years to hold true.
GSP is fantastic and he had to step away. There has to be so much pressure to stay at the top, Anderson and GSP have both done a phenomenal job. As the champion, I would bet that each fight gets harder as you're getting everyone's best effort against you and you have to rise to that level and beyond each and every time. It has to be draining. I hope he recovers and does what makes him content. Weidman is the new sheriff in the middleweight divison after beating Silva twice.

For what it's worth, my favorite fighter is Sonnen, mostly because he is entertaining, yet he's also a physical competitor. Not elite, but good.