Hey guys-- So I feel that I have a unique situation (no, please I swear read on at this point ) My girlfriend and I have been going out for a little over four years. While we're not in any haste to make it official, we plan on staying together for the long run. Here's the catch, we're both applying to medical school this cycle, and consequently that adds a lot of pressure on the process as a whole. Here's the scoop. I was accepted to Miami (10/18) and U Southern Cal (early January) early in the cycle. She was accepted to Jefferson early (10/16). After we were accepted at our schools, we both wrote emails/contacted deans about our significant other situation (how we were both applying, would like to go to the same school but not the ONLY decision factor, etc...) Schools responded amazingly. Miami un-rejected her pre-secondary and gave her a secondary within days of my notification. She had an interview at miami in late Feb. USC within a week granted her an interview which she will have in the first week in April. Jefferson granted me an interview in January within weeks after her request for me. HERE's the problem. We keep getting on our partner's school's waitlists. Though we both felt that we did well at our interviews, because we did not initially meet the schools "requirements" and were granted interviews under the given circumstance, we've been waitlisted. I've been "High Priority" waitlisted at Jefferson, She's been waitlisted at Miami as of today. To make matters worse, I just interviewed at UCLA (invited 1/12 but couldn't interview until 3/9). It is probably my number one choice but I have this suspicion that I will be placed on the waitlist (since my GPA and MCAT are not incredible, (33 and 3.65)). We both generally interview really well, so I doubt that the interview is the actual reason that we are not getting in... Ideally I'd like to stay in the LA area, but we're comtemplating going to other schools to be able to be near each other (there are other factors which went into THAT decision but they're a bit more personal and I'd be glad to talk about it if you'd like to know). We've decided that for Miami/Jefferson the two are interchangable. Miami is a better setting for us californians, but Jefferson has some good opportunities and teaching too. We're focused on being clinicians above anything else, but we're both from the LA area and we'd like to go back to LA and learn medicine in the environment we'd like to be in the future. Do you think she'll be waitlisted at USC? How should we "bargain" with Adcoms? Is it appropriate to talk to schools now in the cycle? should we wait till may? I'm so confused...help me!!!