ppl who wrote GI boards this year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Suprep

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
What did you guys think about the board exam

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
when do you think we will hear back? the turn around for other specialties has been pretty quick this year

Members don't see this ad :)
wondering the same. I think we will have nice/not so nice Christmas surprise

Getting nervous waiting. I wonder when the big day is.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I’m a long time lurker since the pre Med days. My GI friends and I all agree that the exam was very difficult (we sat for the initial certification exam). I felt like I had adequately studied for the exam but left feeling disheartened. I keep logging into the website hoping the score report is up. I also keep looking at the results of my internal medicine board exam and am hopeful that it’ll be similar in terms of the score needed to pass. Back when I took IM boards, the ABIM public verification site was showing that you were certified before they actually emailed the score reports later that day. Best wishes to everyone, hopefully this will be behind all of us very soon, and we will have the good news that we are hoping for!

Reactions: 1 users
I’m a long time lurker since the pre Med days. My GI friends and I all agree that the exam was very difficult (we sat for the initial certification exam). I felt like I had adequately studied for the exam but left feeling disheartened. I keep logging into the website hoping the score report is up. I also keep looking at the results of my internal medicine board exam and am hopeful that it’ll be similar in terms of the score needed to pass. Back when I took IM boards, the ABIM public verification site was showing that you were certified before they actually emailed the score reports later that day. Best wishes to everyone, hopefully this will be behind all of us very soon, and we will have the good news that we are hoping for!
Echo the same. Not a single question from DDSEP or ACG. It was extremely disheartening at the end and drained completely. If I don’t pass this year, I don’t know what I should study for next year.

Echo the same. Not a single question from DDSEP or ACG. It was extremely disheartening at the end and drained completely. If I don’t pass this year, I don’t know what I should study for next year.

Yep. I started preparing early and did DDSEP 8 and 9, ACG the most recent set and some of last years questions, read all of acing the boards series (did their course as well), and did the Mayo course this year. I felt like I had really done a good job preparing and was honestly shocked when I finished the exam. It was so disappointing. If after all of that and I don’t pass, I’m honestly not sure how to prepare again.

Hope all recent test takers post after results come out. How were boards compared to AGA In-service exam? We are taking it in march. Thanks!

Hope all recent test takers post after results come out. How were boards compared to AGA In-service exam? We are taking it in march. Thanks!
From what I remember of the ITE, the actual board exam was more difficult.

ITE was similar to ACG questions. Boards was whole lot different

Members don't see this ad :)
Passed! Great sigh of relief. You never know where you'll land until you see the scores. Hope everyone gets good news today.

Congrats on certification.

Any suggestions for us still in training? Materials, qbanks or other resources while its still fresh in your minds.

Thanks!

Thank you! I used DDSEP and ACG as my question banks. I also read the entire acing the boards series and high yield clinical guidelines. I took the Mayo and Acing courses as well. If you can only do one course, I recommend Mayo. Best wishes!

I am planning on the 10 year MOC. To be honest, I haven’t quite done enough research on the 2 year to know the pros and cons of each. What are your thoughts?

2 year is the way to go. It costs the same over 10 years as the 10 year option and is way less stressful. The only downside, you have to take a total of 2.5 days off over 10 years compared to 1 day off. But for 1.5 days, I would choose 10 years of happiness and decreased stress

keep in mind there will be a new longitudinal option starting approx 2022

congrats to all. Everyone, I know also passed the exam even though they said it was hard

Reactions: 2 users
Which resource do you guys recommend studying for the basic science type questions?

Which resource do you guys recommend studying for the basic science type questions?
Hi, I would recommend the resources that I listed above: DDSEP, ACG, ACG universe, acing the boards, mayo course. Some above (as well as some of my co fellows) also used the Steinberg course which I also used, but inconsistently since I had so many other resources.

Best wishes, hope you’re staying safe!

Passed as well. I used DDSEP (several many times) and Mt. Sinai Course (NYC). Thankful to be done.

Ddsep is easier than the exam though, no?
the boards this year was completely different. felt worse than DDSEP but that could be coz almost no question came from the recommended resources. I still passed with close to 75th percentile in graph, so I would say stick with the resources above and hope for the best.

Started studying again. wish the best for all of us for this year. Everyone please stay safe