PR exams vs. The Real Thing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mgro33

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or are the PR exams-especially the physical sciences part too hard in comparison with the AAMC exams? I took Princeton Review last year, adn I have been studying on my own this year, mainly using the AAMC exams, and now that I picked up the PR exam to work on, it is just too hard for me. I'm making more mistakes on the PR exams than I am on the AAMC exams. Do any of you guys feel this way too?:(

Members don't see this ad.

TPR exams ask more specific questions. Reading the psg's is often a waste of time on those. Either you know the ans or don't. The AAMC's tend to put higher level stuff on as well, but hide the answers in the psg's. TPR tests 4 and 5 are actually AAMC 5r and 6r. You will likely score +/- 2pts on the real one compared to these. 3r is easy, don't be fooled. 2r is tough for some people, but I thought it was easy too.

There's a 2R by the AAMC? I thought they only revised exams 3R-5R.:eek:

I took aamc2, but thought there was a 2r you could purchase? Sorry if there isn't.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I were taking the test again, I would skip over practice tests A-D, doing only the verbal because the other two sections are entirely too difficult and will kill your confidence. Aside from those, I thought the PR exams were really helpful and really helped me improve.
Good luck :clap:

I think it is good to be studying hard PS sections...... I took the PR and when i got to the actual test I had a freaking killer PS section. I knew from the first passage that i had gotten a hard version. Nothing the PR gave me could even compare.

Geeze... I still have nightmares about that section of the MCAT