PR Newswire: Nevro Approved for Diabetic Neuropathy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
Lady & Gents,

Fire up your Instagram and Linked-In profiles and hold on tight!

#Gamechanger

Mr. Grossman continued, "We would like to thank lead Principal Investigator Dr. Erika Petersen and the entire team of clinical trial investigators and their patients for their study participation and ongoing partnership, without whom this approval would not have been possible."

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
already tried in this area.

too many infections/ nonhealing due to poor patient protoplasm.

also, trials tended to be more difficult - obesity, CVD more prevalent in this patient population.
I admit, I tried a couple, not as much as local competitors.

overall it was not a win win.

Follow-up from last month. Getting seen today.

IMPRESSION

1. Peripheral vascular disease.
2. Peripheral neuropathy.
3. History of BKA on the right.

RECOMMENDATIONS
Diet and exercise counseling appropriate for BMI and diagnoses as listed above was discussed with the patient, specific exercises were demonstrated, and a handout was provided.

1. She has been to three different pain clinics and I would think starting narcotics in this patient at this time would be a bad idea.
2. We will work with the neuropathic regimen of Lyrica 200 mg t.i.d. and Cymbalta 60 mg b.i.d. and add alpha lipoic acid as well as Keppra.
3. I would not offer a sympathetic block as too many years have passed since she has developed these symptoms. I would be limited in what else could be provided other than potentially a Triple Cream to desensitize the skin.
4. HF-10 therapy is soon to be available for peripheral neuropathy but, given her past history of 20+ years in and out of pain clinics, including Emory, Northside and Dr. R, I think most care would be less effective than typical.

Typical Lobel note.

Reactions: 1 users
Is this approval for only HF-10 or are other HF systems going to be approved?