PR verbal score conversion?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ramoray

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey anyone out there using PR verbal book and not knowing a conversion? I hvae just been using my raw score and then using hte EK conversion chart sa i take it since EK gives one score conversion for all theri tests, the PR tests have to be somehwat in the same range.. or am i wrong, or hwat are u otehr PR users doing? hnx

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Ramoray,
It is better to use PR's scoring chart, and plus the verbal review book that I have says, "..the following chart offers a rough guide, based on the most recently released AAMC materials, of how many correct answers (including correct guesses!) are required for a particular score".

Because Ek's materials are different, and because I have heard from other's responses from 101 Verbal that the tests are different in terms of hard/easy level, I would just use the PR's scoring. Besides each score varies from test to test. Here is straight of PR's verbal review book.

Here, I am putting up the chart from Verbal. It will also help others who are just using the PR practice materials.
Because I am a bit computer illiterate I dont know how to put up a file from excel on here. Sorry about that. So I just copied and pasted.

Ok, from left to right:
Score, Minimum number of Correct Answer s, Max. number of incorrect answers, and Max. % of incorrect.

13+ 61 4 6
12 56 9 14
11 52 13 20
10 48 17 26
9 44 21 32
8 40 25 38
7 37 28 43
6 32 33 51
5 29 36 55

Good Luck with verbal! You CAN do it!!!