PR Workbook or EK 1001 or Practice Exams - HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ssa915

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The dreaded exam is coming up very soon, and I'm trying to figure out what's the most high yield I could do at this point:

(1) PR Science Workbook or
(2) EK 1001 workbook or
(3) Just do practice exams (I have 4 left - PR A-D) and review the material until the day of the exam so that I know it cold.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently doing examkracker problems but i would love to know what everyone else thinks on this topic..

ideally, i think i would be doing practice exams (at least sections tests timed). and if i see any weaknesses, i would use the EK 1001 for those in particular.

for example, i've noticed i have issues with electricity magnestism and solutions, through my diagnostics. so i would specifically do those from the 1001 books at this point.

i don't think this is the time to go from 1-1001 :p

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're scoring...
8 or lower: do review + full lengths, because you haven't gotten fundamentals down yet

9-12: do practice + full lengths, because you haven't gotten strategy or timing down

13 or higher: do review + full lengths, because strategy can only take you so far, ultimately (at least for science sections), you're losing marks because of things you forgot.

My two cents.

Also I hear TPR A-D are killer full lengths. Try to get something easier.. like AAMC.

ssa915 said:
The dreaded exam is coming up very soon, and I'm trying to figure out what's the most high yield I could do at this point:

(1) PR Science Workbook or
(2) EK 1001 workbook or
(3) Just do practice exams (I have 4 left - PR A-D) and review the material until the day of the exam so that I know it cold.

Thanks!

Practice tests, anything you can get your hands on, with AAMC being at the top of the list. EK might be good, I suppose, but I'm not particularly fond of the PR science workbook, since it seems better to practice with a passage format.

I did all EK 1001 and I am half way thru TPR book. Then I am doing AAMC next week. hope that works for me. anyone think that's a bad idea?

I agree with bananaboat. being that there is only 2 weeks left, there's no time to do all problems and subject topics on the EK or TPR science workbook. it's best to gauge what weaknesses you have by doing a real AAMC exam from last year or the year before, and then focusing on those particular weaknesses.

In addition, I'm not too fond of the TPR science workbook. I'm thinking maybe EK 1001 might be a better source in drilling concepts that you are weak on. I'm starting practices on EK 1001 for the topics I find are my major weaknesses (mostly PS) tomorrow, with some extra practice from the TPR passages/aamc passages. Anyone else doing it this way too? And has it helped so far?