1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Practice AAMC CBTs vs Paper: Differences?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by Streamline, May 3, 2007.

1. Streamline

I was wondering: Are the practice CBTs by AAMC the same as the paper formats from before? Do they just cut off some of the passages to make it shorter to mimic the real MCAT CBT?

I have all the AAMCs exams in paper format. I was wondering if it is worth buying the CBT formats? Is there a difference?

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. raptors

5+ Year Member

They're the same just shortened. However, I believe writing the test on the computer is something you'll have to get used to. I suggest doing AAMC 3R(Which is free btw) online. And maybe a few others as well (I believe princeton and kaplan also offer a free cbt off their site). Simulating test experince is something you'll want to get the hang of.

4. Symphony101

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    probably better to do the cbt's. you want to get used to the highlighting feature.