Practice AAMC vs real thing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kurite

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I have been studying for the past 2 months and have taken a bunch of practice aamc mcats. I have been getting 30+ on them recently. I have heard of a lot of mixed reviews in terms of how hard the actual exam is and how well people did on the aamc practice vs real thing. For people who recently took the mcat, what did you think and how different were your scores?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

There are a lot of mixed reviews because we all have different tests, with some catering to our strengths and others testing our weaknesses. There are several other threads with polls discussing practice averages vs. actual score so go find them as it's the best data you're going to get. Personally, I found my actual mcat easier than most of my practice tests and my score was the highest I had ever gotten. I also have a close friend whose actual score was 6 points lower than average. That just as easily could have been me with some bad luck on test day. I know it's hard to accept this, especially when you are so wrapped up in all this mcat stuff, but you really just have to do practice tests until you are happy with your score and hope you get lucky on test day.

I know i was hoping to get replies from people who have taken it within the last year though.

All of my friends said it felt exactly like AAMC 11. However, because of anxiety, they scored 2 points lower