Practice address to establish insurance rates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweetlenovo88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a questions about providing a different address to get private payor reimbursement rates and getting on insurance panels. My understanding is that a practice address is required. Say you want to go to a distant state and open an office there. Is it wise to rent a temporary space without a lease (there are some sites renting for 1-2 months) for the sole purpose of getting insurance rates in that city before investing into a real office? Can one just get the rates and then move within the zip code without any consequences from insurers?

Members don't see this ad.

Most insurers will require the site to be registered with medicare first, and medicare requires you to actually see a patient at the site before enrollment.

edit: disclaimer- I have a lot of experience dealing with general insurance companies, but little experience with behavioral health carve-outs.

Most insurers will require the site to be registered with medicare first, and medicare requires you to actually see a patient at the site before enrollment.

edit: disclaimer- I have a lot of experience dealing with general insurance companies, but little experience with behavioral health carve-outs.

I have never heard of private insurers requiring medicare to credential someone. This is tele psych and I don't plan on participating with medicare or medicaid.

Reactions: 1 user