Practice exam score drop.. HELP!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dweji16

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So.. I took my first practice exam a week into my TPR prep course.. then i took another one today.. and dropped 3 points!! (finished up week 3 of prep course)

what the heck??

I'm panicking now..

Has this happened to anyone? I'm really really worried... :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

i took the TPR prep course too.

the first exam had a relatively easy BS, which may have inflated your score..

a word of advice for the exams though (IMHO):
-dont pay attention to the score, take it for what its worth
- review thoroughly, and use it as a measuring stick on what you are weak on, and need to work on, not necessarily that you got a 30, or a 25, or wtvr
-i think the scale is not far off from aamc, however (the PS and BS)
-the verbal is a little difficult to get through, and i felt like some of the questions were ambiguous, so i used them for endurance, timing, and just to get a feel for the question TYPES. Some of the passages were similar to the AAMC though, so still try to do well.

Hmm... okay. So I guess I shouldn't be thinking the world is over... quite yet at least.

Sigh... still worried.

Hmm... okay. So I guess I shouldn't be thinking the world is over... quite yet at least.

Sigh... still worried.
Nope, not at all. TPR is a bit all over the place, and can be either super hard (some of their bio) or super difficult (some of their VR/physio).

Use them to learn from, and worry more about your AAMC performances.

Don't get yourself so worried as of yet. The diagnostic scores are worthless; they just show that you need to study. You need to do a complete content review and several practice passages before your scores will be "realistic" (For example, my 1st and 2nd TPR tests were a 20 and a 17. Since then, I've brought my scores up to an average of 31 on the AAMC tests).

Also, keep in mind that the TPR tests tend to have a harsher grading scale than the AAMC exams do. My TPR scores were consistently about 3-4 points lower than my AAMC scores.