Practice exam scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yjj8817

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like most people really are not doing well on practice exams (getting about 500) Is the new exam that much harder? I'm pretty scared for my upcoming one :(

Members don't see this ad.

C'mon buddy... it's graded on a distribution, meaning that people are guaranteed to fit along the bell curve. The average score will be a 500 regardless of difficulty.

Reactions: 1 user
C'mon buddy... it's graded on a distribution, meaning that people are guaranteed to fit along the bell curve. The average score will be a 500 regardless of difficulty.

I think he means the Kaplan practice exams and such. I would agree that I've seen similar, no one in my Kaplan class got above 500 on the diag and I've only seen a few above 500 on the other FLs.

I think he means the Kaplan practice exams and such. I would agree that I've seen similar, no one in my Kaplan class got above 500 on the diag and I've only seen a few above 500 on the other FLs.
I would argue that part of this is due to Kaplan's business model, which is to make the diagnostic exam extremely hard to both encourage students to buy more of their products out of fear and also to make sure that their 'Better Score Guaranteed!" policy doesn't cost them too much money.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would argue that part of this is due to Kaplan's business model, which is to make the diagnostic exam extremely hard to both encourage students to buy more of their products out of fear and also to make sure that their 'Better Score Guaranteed!" policy doesn't cost them too much money.

Fair enough. I'm wondering if they'll be willing to apply this to the old MCAT scores/percentiles. Well I brought up score from diagnostic to FL1 by 6 points, but still not over 500. Gonna be a long month and a half.