Practice Exam Sources: Barrons VS Kaplan VS EK VS AAMC VS Gold Standard VS...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BNSN

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My biggest worry is running out of practice material, which is ironic because I have far more than I could ever get done.

But, the really important thing, I think, is quality MCAT exams -- full length simulated exams. So, I am hoping that in this thread you could direct me to all the good ones.

Gold Standard CBTS -- I have all 10 of those. I have been told that other than the lack of VR question difficulty, they are good.

EK: I have 4 full length EK exams. These are good as far as I can surmise -- all EK is pretty good, right? Also, I have the 16 MINI MCAT book.

Kaplan: I took the 2 exams in their small 25 dollar book. Where else can I get Kaplan exams? This is the most important question for me. If I don't sign up for the course, are there any more?

Barrons: As far as I can tell, Barrons is totally useless and to be avoided at all costs.

TPR: Where can I get TPR exams? Are they any good?

Bereley Review: Any good? They have 3 CBTs available.

AAMC: The AAMC has those online CBTS and three paper exams. The paper exams aren't just a different format, right? They're actually different exams, right?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

My biggest worry is running out of practice material, which is ironic because I have far more than I could ever get done.

But, the really important thing, I think, is quality MCAT exams -- full length simulated exams. So, I am hoping that in this thread you could direct me to all the good ones.

Gold Standard CBTS -- I have all 10 of those. I have been told that other than the lack of VR question difficulty, they are good.

EK: I have 4 full length EK exams. These are good as far as I can surmise -- all EK is pretty good, right? Also, I have the 16 MINI MCAT book.

Kaplan: I took the 2 exams in their small 25 dollar book. Where else can I get Kaplan exams? This is the most important question for me. If I don't sign up for the course, are there any more?

Barrons: As far as I can tell, Barrons is totally useless and to be avoided at all costs.

TPR: Where can I get TPR exams? Are they any good?

AAMC: The AAMC has those online 3 CBTS and three paper exams. The paper exams aren't just a different format, right? They're actually different exams, right?

Thanks.

the aamc are not completely different exams.. they are the longer version of the CBT format exam. like 8R and 8 CBT are the same test, but 8R has more passages.

I think Kaplan has 11 FL exams and are available if you register in their course. I believe TPR has 9 CBT exams for their students as well. Where do you get EK ones?

:eek:
I think Kaplan has 11 FL exams and are available if you register in their course. I believe TPR has 9 CBT exams for their students as well. Where do you get EK ones?

EK sells them through their website.

Also, are the 11 Kaplan FL different than the ones in their Kaplan Premier book?