Practice Exams for verbal reasoning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rmv337

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took 2 Kaplan practice VR section tests and scored a 27/40 on VR test 10 the first and a 26/40 on VR test 1 ... according to my math these scores correspond to about a ten on the MCAT. Is that right? 15/40 = .375 x 26 = 9.75.... I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these practice section tests so I can get an idea of my competency in this area

Members don't see this ad.

I just took 2 Kaplan practice VR section tests and scored a 27/40 on VR test 10 the first and a 26/40 on VR test 1 ... according to my math these scores correspond to about a ten on the MCAT. Is that right? 15/40 = .375 x 26 = 9.75.... I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these practice section tests so I can get an idea of my competency in this area
Those are 8/9 level scores based on raw numbers for an AAMC or Exam Krackers scale. The score is based on a normal distribution, so its not simply a matter of division.

And, I don't mean to scare you, but you may want to try to do a different verbal set. I can't speak of it personally, but, most people think that Kaplan VR is too easy to represent the actual MCAT.