Practice Exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JDMcNugent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a re-taker and re-used my kaplan on demand course. My course expired 2 days ago and I completed AAMC 9, 10, 11 and kaplan 1, 2, 3, 4. I saved all of the AAMC exams on my computer plus the answers and explanations to answers so I can still use AAMC 4, 5, 7, 8 but they will have to be on paper.

My exam is July 26 and am looking to do a couple more practice exams on top of the left over AAMC exams. Any suggestions on who to go with? I plan on using Gold Standard 1 since it is free but I would like an idea of which company has exams that are fairly representative of AAMC.

I prefer something different from Kaplans since there exam scores were so inflated. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I am a re-taker and re-used my kaplan on demand course. My course expired 2 days ago and I completed AAMC 9, 10, 11 and kaplan 1, 2, 3, 4. I saved all of the AAMC exams on my computer plus the answers and explanations to answers so I can still use AAMC 4, 5, 7, 8 but they will have to be on paper.

My exam is July 26 and am looking to do a couple more practice exams on top of the left over AAMC exams. Any suggestions on who to go with? I plan on using Gold Standard 1 since it is free but I would like an idea of which company has exams that are fairly representative of AAMC.

I prefer something different from Kaplans since there exam scores were so inflated. Thank you.

Even though there are more I "can" suggest besides those I stated as following, you are restricted by the 4 and half weeks window.

This will be what I would do:
Option#1: (get the Princeton Review Cracking book that include 4 online FL, one is their free one anyway. Its VB not great but the BS & PS not bad, you sacrifice PR 1 & 2 and only do the harder 3 & 4 since you run out of time) Do 2 per week for a total of 9 as minimum.
If this is the desired option, jump to get BR1-3 and send in the letter/form with credit card ASAP. Their response can be VERY slow.
>>>>>>>>
AAMC4
PR3
BR1
AAMC7
PR4
BR2
AAMC5
BR3
AAMC8
Option#2: Get a couple of harder GS for $25 each + the Princeton Review Cracking book
>>>>>>>
GS6
PR2
AAMC4
GS9
PR3
AAMC7
PR4
AAMC5
AAMC8

Hope that helps :cool:

Examkrackers has 1000 questions for each subject if you need more questions to practice with.

Thanks for the advice. I'll be doing AAMC 4, 5, 7, 8 on paper since I have them saved but will also do gold standard #1 tomorrow. From what I read in a previous post from someone, gold standard has a way of wording questions poorly. Is this true? Is it worth it to spend 3 1/2 hours doing the free gold standard exam? I suppose I am just looking for exams that will be as close to the real thing as possible. How long does it take for Berkley to ship?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the advice. I'll be doing AAMC 4, 5, 7, 8 on paper since I have them saved but will also do gold standard #1 tomorrow. From what I read in a previous post from someone, gold standard has a way of wording questions poorly. Is this true? Is it worth it to spend 3 1/2 hours doing the free gold standard exam? I suppose I am just looking for exams that will be as close to the real thing as possible. How long does it take for Berkley to ship?

The GS#1 - BS & PS not too bad. Based on my counting at lease 5 to 6 very questionable answers in VR. I still feel it is worth to use it as supplement at the front end period of the study (e.g. 3 months) cycle before MCAT.

BR FL - it will take approx at least a week (if use credit card) under the perfect situatioin before you receive the login information in email from the day you mail the form.

edit: In your case, I feel it is still worh to do a couple of GS like 7,8 or 9 etc.

Last edited:
I will go with either berkley review or gold standard but am a little turned off by the fact that it may take 1 week+ to get a log-in for berkley for 3 practice exams.

I still have 4 paper aamcs and want at least 3 more practice exams before my actual test date on July 26. I just took gold standard #1 (free) last night and wanted to get others opinions on this exam, specifically. I havent reviewed the exam yet other than my score (8-7-11) but I think I recall there being more than 7 passages on PS section. Are all of the other gold standard full lengths the same in difficulty and format? Any help on deciding between berkley and gold standard full lengths would be greatly appreciated.

I will go with either berkley review or gold standard but am a little turned off by the fact that it may take 1 week+ to get a log-in for berkley for 3 practice exams.

If you call ahead and give them a heads up, especially with an exam date within the 45 day window, they are very good about expediting the process.