Practice in ontario or vancouver?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

molaris

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to find out where should i be applying for dentistry license in ontario or in B.C?Are thr better oppurtunities in ottawa or B.C if one wants to work as a dental associate?The cost for applying a license in B.C ia aroung 4000$ as compared to onatario which is around 2000$ what would be the reason for such a big cost difference?
Is the cost of living cheaper in Onataio thn in B.C?please comment.Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i would pick BC in a heartbeat. i hope you will make this decision based on which place you would like to live better. BC is so beautiful - but I love coastal life. you will be able to find a job in either place. the difference in the cost of a license will be no big deal in a year or two. you should visit both places and see for yourself which suits you better. do you have family in either place that you want to be close to? for me this decision is easy, i would pick the more beautiful landscape. (in fact, that is exactly why I chose to stay in Seattle rather than going back to Texas after my residency was over)

ps-the cost is probably different because BC is a more desirable place to live and they know they can charge that price.

Last edited:
It really depends on what you're looking for there. BC and Ontario are very different and it's important to decide whether you want to live in a major city (ex. Vancouver or Toronto)

BC = more relaxed, but everything's a lot more expensive (ex. housing)
ON = a lot less relaxed, but everything's avaliable at a relatively lower price.

Members don't see this ad :)
no one in their right mind should choose the east coast over the west coast( snow/ harsh weather).