Practice MCAT 30, UG sGPA: 3.4 cGPA: 3.2, G GPA: 3.7

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mknks

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys. I am a graduate student completing my Master's in Biology. I will probably graduate in 2011. I am planning on taking the real MCAT in August. I have started both my AACOMAS and AMCAS applications but have submitted neither. I would like to know what schools I should apply to / where I will likely get in.

Stats:
UG cGPA: 3.15
UG sGPA: 3.37
UG nsGPA: 2.9
G GPA: 3.67
1 summer + 1 year research - no publications
150 hours volunteering
No shadowing
Practice MCAT: 30

Where should I apply?

Members don't see this ad.

I think your best chances lie in proceeding the AACOMAS application as DO schools are more likely to regard your grad school GPA. I do suggest that you get in some physician shadowing before you submit, ideally with a DO. Even though all schools don't require a physician letter, shadowing is something you should do for yourself, to be sure you understand what the day-to-day life of a physician entails.

You might proceed with submitting the AACOMAS application listing only one less-selective DO school, just to get the verification process started as it takes some weeks. When the score is known, add more schools for $50-$32 each depending on how competitive the score is.

Hopefully, by "volunteering" you mean clinical experience. If you don't have experience interacting with sick people, I would suggest NOT continuing the application process at this time.

MD schools don't give much regards to Grad. Programs? :(

Volunteering was in a hospital - filing and sitting down, talking with some of the older patients so they'd stop wandering the halls