Quantcast

Practice or Content Review?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AsherLev

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Do you guys think it would be better to do content review or to do the entire Princeton Review Science Workbook, all 4 EK 1001 Science books, and all the kaplan Topical/Subject/Discrete exams? Which would be a better use of my time in preparation for the January exam? Thanks so much

EEL08

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you have to just pick one and you've had most of the prereqs fairly recently I would say absolutely focus on practice questions and practice exams. You can check my mdapps for my MCAT score. It was because I focused too much on content review that I didn't score well.

theunremarkable

MS2
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since you are taking the exam this month, I would recommend practice tests. If you consistently find yourself making mistakes on the same problems - do a content review over the topic.

NickMB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice. I can't say it enough.

And not just any practice. Take a full length exams just as though they are the real thing.

The MCAT website has full length practice exams you can buy and they even give you a score at the end.

The more practice you do, the higher your score will be. What're you still doing here? Go practice.

go lakers

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice. I can't say it enough.

And not just any practice. Take a full length exams just as though they are the real thing.

The MCAT website has full length practice exams you can buy and they even give you a score at the end.

The more practice you do, the higher your score will be. What're you still doing here? Go practice.

Agreed. Practice > Review as the test comes closer and closer.

hypnix

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I took the MCAT a few years ago, I believe I practiced too much. I didn't spend enough time really understanding why I got certain PS problems wrong. It really showed when I took the actual thing cause I got a 7 which was what I consistently got in practice. This time, I'm really focusing on content and understanding of the material and problems before I go and practice like a maniac. But since you're taking in Jan., I guess practice is best but really understand why you got those problems wrong and go over that material again.

I really hate studying for this thing again :mad: It's been two years, not a really long time, but still feel like I'm relearning a lot of material.