Practice Problems for 1 month countdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stingray072

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking for suggestions for practice problems at this stage of the game (1 month away). I've been doing EK and finished reviewing all the course books with their exams.

Now I feel like I should be doing mostly practice problems to help identify weak areas, with reviewing those sections when I discover my weaknesses.
What are the best books for practice problems. I've seen recommendations for TPR and BR but those seemed like a lot of material presentation, which I'm not looking for. I really want passages, not just individual problems like the EK 1001. Suggestions?

I have the 16 mini-MCATs EK book and 1001 in physics, but not sure how far that will take me. I eventually want to cover the AAMC tests but not before I feel ready.

Or is my study plan off to being with?

Thanks everyone for their advice!

Members don't see this ad.

you need more practice problems. EK 1001 is not sufficient, and it is the bare minimum that is being tested. The TPR-H science workbook is great. Also, TBR Gchem and physics are excellent. These resemble the actual AAMC more closely than any of the EK mini exams, in my opinion bc ive used both.

I would say get the BR books used just for the practice problems and passages. They're invaluable. I understand that they're expensive but you can sell them back for basically the same price you got them for, so think of it as an investment. Other than that, try AAMC FLs (obviously), BR FLs (this is where you lose some money since you can't sell these back), TPR science and verbal workbooks.