Practice scores 1 week to go...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Freakoutfrank

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So after taking all BC as well as other practice DAT full length my averages were okay except for QR which is my biggest hurdle. (Averages from a variety of tests: RC 21 Bio 20 GC 19 Ochem 22 PAT 19 Qr 17). Given the low scores attained on QR I decided to postpone my test for another two weeks and granted I had a couple more practice test I decided to take these a day or so ago only to discover that all my averages have gone down! Except for bio and Pat. Is this normal? I've been trying to maintain knowledge by practicing a plethora of questions from sources such as destroyer and other DAT material however I'm now concerned that given my decision on postponing and despite the betterment of my QR scores I'm mostly worried that because I switched focus to mainly doing math all my other scores will suffer. Did I just set myself up for failure? I have a week left and I'm feeling as if I'm dragging due to the fact that I've been studying for a long while now. At times I just feel like taking the darn thing just so that I can be put out this misery lol

Any thoughts on how to get back to descent scores? I know im capable of performingbas I esa previously I'm just tired and feeling as if I'm doomed no matter what since every time I attempt to focus on a certain area I feel like other suffer as a result .

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Why did you postpone for two weeks did you not feel prepared just because of qr, and maybe take a break and then get back to studying refresh your yourself and mind. Maybe go for a swim in your local swimming pool or gym?

Why did you postpone for two weeks did you not feel prepared just because of qr, and maybe take a break and then get back to studying refresh your yourself and mind. Maybe go for a swim in your local swimming pool or gym?

Yes, I postponed for two weeks due to QR. I was doing ok across the board few hiccups here and there but I feared I was going to be sentenced to retake the whole thing due to QR thus decided to postpone with the hopes to go into the test with at least high teens across the board. My QR has indeed gotten better but now is the other sections that are suffering. Feels that as I'm vigorously trying to patch a hole of deficiency three others appear :/

Do some exercise, listen to some motivational videos! I'm sure the knowledge is still in your head, it sounds like you're just getting tired so refresh your mind :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Do some exercise, listen to some motivational videos! I'm sure the knowledge is still in your head, it sounds like you're just getting tired so refresh your mind :)

Yeah i feel i may be burnt out honestly. I just hope I dont have a situation where all this info just gets lost due to anxiety or what not...

Also ppl get accepted with low qr scores so I shouldn't worry to much but if you do well in it it does raise your AA so I guess take your pick but TS matters a lot man!

Also ppl get accepted with low qr scores so I shouldn't worry to much but if you do well in it it does raise your AA so I guess take your pick but TS matters a lot man!

Yeah I agree, I will mainly focus on maintaining all I have learned and hope that it will suffice for me to not have to retake. I just want consistent scores, Id hate to have to retake, however I think it will burn more if I had to retake due to a single section.

Yeah I agree, I will mainly focus on maintaining all I have learned and hope that it will suffice for me to not have to retake. I just want consistent scores, Id hate to have to retake, however I think it will burn more if I had to retake due to a single section.
You have put as much effort into this exam as possible it seems, just keep the right attitude and stay sharp and fresh and I am sure you will do well.

Reactions: 1 users