Practice Test A

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rtmcad2319

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How have people done on practice test A from PR?

It only goes up to a 36??

I got a PS10 V9 B9 and was wondering how others did on this exam and the real deal.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out the same thing with the TPR practice tests. Their scores only go up to 12 on each section, which I don't really get. I was trying to figure out a better score conversion but I couldn't, which doesn't help me if I'm aiming for above a 12 in a section and I get somewhere in that range. Anybody have any ideas?

bump on your face!

Oh and I think kaplans practice tests are harder!

rtmcad2319 said:
bump on your face!

Actually I thought Princeton A-D are pretty hard compared to Kaplan's full-lengths. I scored 7 point higher on the real thing compared to the average of A-C.

Members don't see this ad :)
silkworm said:
Actually I thought Princeton A-D are pretty hard compared to Kaplan's full-lengths. I scored 7 point higher on the real thing compared to the average of A-C.

Thanks for that info :) . I feel like I can definitely score higher than I actually have been on these tests, so maybe that's true and not just my imagination.

tigress said:
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out the same thing with the TPR practice tests. Their scores only go up to 12 on each section, which I don't really get. I was trying to figure out a better score conversion but I couldn't, which doesn't help me if I'm aiming for above a 12 in a section and I get somewhere in that range. Anybody have any ideas?

Use the score conversion on the aamc website. If you have a free account for the 3R exam, it should give you the score conversion. That is pretty close to the real deal.

rtmcad2319 said:
bump on your face!

Are you kidding me????? People I know whom have taken the A-D have told me that they have got early 30's on the Kaplan tests, and then got to A-D and it was wayyyyyy too hard for them. This was also told to me recently, by a girl whom had 12's on the sciences in the real deal.

rtmcad2319 said:
I got a PS10 V9 B9 and was wondering how others did on this exam and the real deal.

Test A-D are the hardest tests you'll find in the market. They're very good practice and are designed for students who are shooting for >12 on the real thing. Depending on your luck on MCAT day, you may or may not get a real MCAT this hard.

I scored around 28-30 on Test A-D and got a 33 on the real deal. Your scores are excellent. Keep studying and you should have no problem.

sdnstud said:
Test A-D are the hardest tests you'll find in the market. They're very good practice and are designed for students who are shooting for >12 on the real thing. Depending on your luck on MCAT day, you may or may not get a real MCAT this hard.

I scored around 28-30 on Test A-D and got a 33 on the real deal. Your scores are excellent. Keep studying and you should have no problem.

sdnstud,

Thanx for the words of encouragement, maybe I think the PRs are easy cause it seems after taking 7 practice MCATs all you see is the same crap. Hemoglobin this torque that blah blah blah....
I feel after doing so manyproblems that I'm a champ. at application and just need to nail down all the info cold. The "cat" better watch out because I'm going to mow his/her ass over. :smuggrin:

Test D verbal is killer... wayy harder than EK tests, and with a stricter conversion scale. It says that only the sciences are harder than usual, but TPR verbal is killing me as it has done in the past.

Anyone tried this test?

Help!!. I did the PR Test A and got a 4 on the Physical and an 8 on the Verbal. Physics and G Chem and verbal are definitely my weakest. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me. There's only one month left for the exam and I took physics and g chem 1-2 years ago so I'm a bit rusty on the subjects. I have the Examkrackers Physics and G chem 1001 questions and the kaplan topicals. With all these information and practice I don't know where to start and how to have a plan of attack. I am also a full time student. I don't know how long I should spend per passage as well. Wow, I think that about covers most of my concerns regarding this exam. Good luck to everyone studying! Have a great day. :) :)

Baps said:
Help!!. I did the PR Test A and got a 4 on the Physical and an 8 on the Verbal. Physics and G Chem and verbal are definitely my weakest. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me. There's only one month left for the exam and I took physics and g chem 1-2 years ago so I'm a bit rusty on the subjects. I have the Examkrackers Physics and G chem 1001 questions and the kaplan topicals. With all these information and practice I don't know where to start and how to have a plan of attack. I am also a full time student. I don't know how long I should spend per passage as well. Wow, I think that about covers most of my concerns regarding this exam. Good luck to everyone studying! Have a great day. :) :)

Its ok i still think you can improve
i was really bumbed about my PS score too. I took a practice AAMC 6R MCAT last summer and got a 7 w/o studying. I took one two weeks ago and got a 7 after 2 months of studying :(.

What i did that seemed to be really helpful is to take notes on the chapters. It takes a really long time but i've found that it is really easy to miss important concepts just reading EK, even reading it really slowly while concentrating, b/c the info is presented so compactly. To be realistic, if you were to go through ever chapter in physics and chem again, taking notes, it would probably take 50 hours. I don't know what your study habits are like. Maybe try to push you self to knock it out in 3 days i get like 3 hrs of sleep (which is what I have been getting) each night. Also, what i found to be super helpful was to do the EK 1001 chem questions RIGHT AFTER taking notes on the lecture. i think it is the easiest way to commit something to memory and it ensures for the get-go that any of your misconceptions are corrected.

I took the PS practice test A a few days a go and got a 9. I was really happy w/ that score and want to go up from there

Oh yeah... i have kaplan topicals too... stick w/ EK and then if you have time left over use kaplan. kaplan topical are really good but it gets completly overwhelming when you have too much to study.

nishi said:
Its ok i still think you can improve
i was really bumbed about my PS score too. I took a practice AAMC 6R MCAT last summer and got a 7 w/o studying. I took one two weeks ago and got a 7 after 2 months of studying :(.

What i did that seemed to be really helpful is to take notes on the chapters. It takes a really long time but i've found that it is really easy to miss important concepts just reading EK, even reading it really slowly while concentrating, b/c the info is presented so compactly. To be realistic, if you were to go through ever chapter in physics and chem again, taking notes, it would probably take 50 hours. I don't know what your study habits are like. Maybe try to push you self to knock it out in 3 days i get like 3 hrs of sleep (which is what I have been getting) each night. Also, what i found to be super helpful was to do the EK 1001 chem questions RIGHT AFTER taking notes on the lecture. i think it is the easiest way to commit something to memory and it ensures for the get-go that any of your misconceptions are corrected.

I took the PS practice test A a few days a go and got a 9. I was really happy w/ that score and want to go up from there

Oh yeah... i have kaplan topicals too... stick w/ EK and then if you have time left over use kaplan. kaplan topical are really good but it gets completly overwhelming when you have too much to study.

Thank you for the advice. I have written study guides for each of the chapters in the princeton books but it seems a bit overwhelming because you also have to know and understand basically everything in your study guides. I prefer memorizing details as oppose to conceptual thinking and the MCAT is majority conceptual. I'm not sure what else to do with the time I have left. I think I am going to stick to taking practice tests (A-D), I've already taken all of the AAMC exams over the summer and I prefer taking exams that I haven't already taken. Well I feel like I am babbling and venting right now. For those of you who have already taken the MCAT and have done well, do you have any advice for me? Thanks!