Practice test drops 4 points?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sully677

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a 33 on my last BR, and a 32 on my last AAMC (4), and I took AAMC 5 this morning and got a 29...I don't know if it was because I was tired or what but my test is in two weeks and I want to score in the 34ish range.

Members don't see this ad.

not to be an ass, but...whats the question?

My test is in two weeks, and I don't know if this was an outlier or what. But I dropped 4 points from my last test. I am wondering if other people ever encounter the same thing

I dropped 39 to 33 one week before the test. Next one rose to a 36. You'll have a bad day (mine was off almost no sleep in a really distracting area). Don't let it get to you, **** happens. I spent the next day freaking out, waste of time I didn't have. Look over the test with a clear head, notice the stupid **** you did and move on. Man up and F the MCAT up.

I'll let you know how I did soon. 4/10 for life

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, I don't know if anyone else thought this, but #4 was unrealistically easy. I got my highest practice score there with less prep. It may have inflated your expectations a bit.

Don't worry about it. My score went from a 32 (AAMC 6) to a 28 (AAMC 7) then it jumped back up to a 33 for AAMC 8. As long as your average score is decent, you'll be fine.

Everybody has tough days. Brush that shoulder off. All you have to do is walk into the testing center, slap down your photo id, scan in both middle fingers and say to the administrator, "My name is Sully 677 and I'm here to kick some ***."