1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Practice Test Fluctuations!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by kreno, Jul 28, 2001.

1. kreno

kreno Candy Man
    7+ Year Member

Anyone actually go into their MCAT having a rough estimate of what they'd get? My tests are fluctuating in like an 8 point range! It's ridiculous. I took AAMC and got an 8, 11 and 12. Talk about a ****ty verbal. Then I take kaplan number 2 and get a 11 on verbal. Today, I took Kaplan 5 and got a 7, 10, and 11. This blows....

:(

leon... losing motivation...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. TwoSteveSquared

TwoSteveSquared Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I fluctuated anywhere from 27-37 on my practice tests. Got an 8 on verbal the first time I took the MCAT, and 11 the second time (and I worked much harder on verbal the first time). Anyway, I think fluctuation is normal, especially in verbal. My best advice, is key in on habits and techniques you used on your high scoring days.

4. merlin

merlin Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yeah, I have taken the MCAT twice now, and both times I was scoring consistently 9-10 on every practice test I did, then both times I got a 7 on verbal on the actual test (13 and 11 on P and B). Hang in there. I don't think there is any rythme or reason to the MCAT.

5. Mystique

Mystique The Procrastinator
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Kreno,

Hang in there! I know how you feel. I score anywhere from a 29 to a 36. It's frustrating; isn't it? I just hope that come test day, I get that 36!!! :D

Just keep on doing practice tests. I finished all my science studying at the end of June, and I've been taking practice tests ever since. I haven't seen a gradual increase in scores; they jump around. All I hope is that my intensive studying will pay off at the end. This summer has been devoted solely to MCAT preparation. Three more weeks to go....

Good luck, Kreno!

:)