Practice Test Fluctuations!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kreno

Candy Man
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone actually go into their MCAT having a rough estimate of what they'd get? My tests are fluctuating in like an 8 point range! It's ridiculous. I took AAMC and got an 8, 11 and 12. Talk about a ****ty verbal. Then I take kaplan number 2 and get a 11 on verbal. Today, I took Kaplan 5 and got a 7, 10, and 11. This blows....

:(

leon... losing motivation...

Members don't see this ad.

I fluctuated anywhere from 27-37 on my practice tests. Got an 8 on verbal the first time I took the MCAT, and 11 the second time (and I worked much harder on verbal the first time). Anyway, I think fluctuation is normal, especially in verbal. My best advice, is key in on habits and techniques you used on your high scoring days.

Yeah, I have taken the MCAT twice now, and both times I was scoring consistently 9-10 on every practice test I did, then both times I got a 7 on verbal on the actual test (13 and 11 on P and B). Hang in there. I don't think there is any rythme or reason to the MCAT.

Kreno,

Hang in there! I know how you feel. I score anywhere from a 29 to a 36. It's frustrating; isn't it? I just hope that come test day, I get that 36!!! :D

Just keep on doing practice tests. I finished all my science studying at the end of June, and I've been taking practice tests ever since. I haven't seen a gradual increase in scores; they jump around. All I hope is that my intensive studying will pay off at the end. This summer has been devoted solely to MCAT preparation. Three more weeks to go....

Good luck, Kreno!

:)