practice tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Omyss

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am debating on which AAMCS Practice te4sts i should buy... i don't want to spend too much since i am limited financially, so i was wondering what you guys think is the better option:

Getting the full membership for 80$- 4r, 5r, 6r

or getting 8 and 9 for 80$

i heard 4r is not a very good test, so thats leaning me towards the second option...

Members don't see this ad.

The more AAMC practice tests you do the better so I would definitely suggest to get all, but since you're on a limited budget, I've heard from SDN that 7, 8, and 9 are more representative of the real thing.

other than the AAMCS tests are there any other good representative practice tests that i could purchase from a local bookstore or online that don't cost as much?

Omyss said:
other than the AAMCS tests are there any other good representative practice tests that i could purchase from a local bookstore or online that don't cost as much?

There is a Kaplan and a TPR one that both have 2 tests, and should run about 15-20 dollars each. Much cheapter than AAMC, but then again, it's not 'the real thing'.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude, a word of advice. You're going to be about $150,000 in debt when you get out of medical school. Spending a couple hundred on MCAT prep is NOTHING, so just do what you can, take a loan, and prepare as best as possible.

ok i think i will get at least 4 AAmC practist tests but in order to get the most for my dollar do you guys think i should go with 6, 7, 8, 9 for 160$
or the full memer ship (4,5,6) along with 8 and 9 for a total of 160$.

With the second option i get one more test (4r.. but ppl on this board say that its not a very good indicator since its really hard or something)

With the second option i get one less, but i get the most recent tests...

For those that have taken these tests, which do you think is the better option?

Also should i get them in paperback to mimic the test as much as i can, or would the online ersion be better?

Do you have access to your college library over the summer? Kaplan sometimes provides AAMC material to college libraries. I think you have to be a Kaplan student to use them, but I was never asked for my Kaplan ID. The only catch would be that you can't write on them and can't take them out of the library, but you could just take them in a quiet spot.

i could trt that thanks for the suggestion...

But if that doesn't work what would you suggest from my orginal post?