Practice to Real Deal Improvements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalak

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What would yall say is the normal change between achiever/topscore and other practice programs in comparison to the real DAT? Improvement or maybe not so much...?

Members don't see this ad.

What would yall say is the normal change between achiever/topscore and other practice programs in comparison to the real DAT? Improvement or maybe not so much...?

I think, in most cases, it goes up. For me, I got a higher score on every section except for RC. You could take a look at my thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I am taking the DAT on FRIDAY!!!! I started seriously studying 2 weeks ago. I took a Kaplan course, and I've pretty much gone through Kaplan twice, Cliffs AP twice, DAT Destroyer (twice for orgo/chem, once for bio). I just took my first TopScore today and my results were:

AA: 19
TS: 19
PAT: 20
Bio: 19
Chem: 18
Orgo: 18
RC: 19
QR: 19

Nothing spectacular but not too bad considering I didn't do much until recently. I've only gone hardcore on the sciences, don't really look or work on any other section except for practice exams. I plan on reviewing Kaplan again, reviewing AP Cliffs again, and continue taking TopScore practice exams. Should I purchase CDP and/or Achiever at this point? Would it be worth it? What are some recommendations that you guys have for me? Should I keep going how I'm going or try to put more in because my trig, geometry, and probability is very weak (except I just read about probability and the formulas so I have that now!) .Also reading all these posts about how much people are studying is scaring me since I haven't done as much as everyone!

Thanks!!!

Also, I'm just really trying to get at least a 20 AA and I want some 20s in the science sections!!! I am so close, most of what I get wrong in orgo and chem are stupid mistakes!!

So...to get CDP and/or Achiever or to not? That is the question!

i personally think cdp is a must. however with your test date coming up so soon, i don't know how much time you would be able to spend using cdp to make it worth your while. if you could get the 5-test version and go through as much of it as you can and keep practicing your weaknesses consistently, it would be beneficial. you have to keep in mind that the PAT section on the real thing is going to be harder than any of your practice exams (except for achiever, from what i've heard)... i didn't use achiever so i can't give you advice on that.