Practice Vision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Szkwicz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this is necessarily good advice. If schools like my essay, then it is good advice, if they don't then I'd aviod it. :D We'll see.
But what I did with the practice vision essay was make it creative and have some fun with it. I personally am very interested in family practice. I wrote my essay in a first person storytelling format as a tour through one random day in my life ten years from now. As I went through my day, things came up inside and outside of my life in medical practice...and I think I did a good job of giving a picture of what I expected my career to be like. Everyone who read it found it fun to read and kinda entertaining and agreed it got the point across. We'll see if Adcoms think so too...let's hope so.
But hey, if you're looking for an idea, I'd suggest being creative with it...I think it worked for me. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Woops...I thought I posted this in the AMCAS essays thread...that's emberassing. Oh well, I'm pretty new to this SDN thing. Bound to happen sometime I guess. :oops:

actually i think a lot of people took that approach to this essay. it was that, or just a generic first-person description of what you're interested in pursuing, etc, etc. i don't think there are too many ways you can approach this and still ensure that you fit in everything you want to talk about! :D