Pray For Snow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rugger81

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I teach high school chem here in NY. Please pray for more snow. I really don't want to go to work tomorrow. :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad.

it's been snowing really really hard where i am in NY. i wouldn't be surprised in schools were closed tomorrow.

Same here in NJ, been snowing here all day

Members don't see this ad :)
Rugger81 said:
I teach high school chem here in NY. Please pray for more snow. I really don't want to go to work tomorrow. :thumbdown:

Hey Rugger, are you in the City? I'm a teacher in the City, and it's been snowing non-stop since school ended earlier today. I'm with you on the not wanting to go to work tomorrow :thumbup: I'm keeping optimistic that the weather may be in our favor tomorrow :luck:

docjolly said:
Hey Rugger, are you in the City? I'm a teacher in the City, and it's been snowing non-stop since school ended earlier today. I'm with you on the not wanting to go to work tomorrow :thumbup: I'm keeping optimistic that the weather may be in our favor tomorrow :luck:

i'm out on eastern Long Island. I just heard it's not going to stop until around 3 or 4am. That might be a good thing!

Being a teacher rocks :) I think I'm getting greedy though... even though we had thursday, friday, & monday off , I still want more :D

Anyways. I hope we all get another day to relax :luck:

The snow is coming down!!!! WHOOOO!!!

more snow. please more snow. no work tommorow....yay

It is snowing pretty good over here in dartmouth, ma. Hopefully the classes will be cancelled because I reallyl need my population biology test to a couple days later.

Still snowing down here in Northern VA!!!

SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im not ready for my microbio lab quiz!!! :luck:

dr.z said:
I wish it snowed here in So Cal so schools would be closed.

Oh, sunny Caleefornia.

Hey, it snowed all day here in the suburbs Philadelphia and schools closed early. I'd say we got about 6 or 7 inches. All headed your way :p
Good luck

Rugger81 said:
dude, teaching chem is cool! My kids are awesome. I love it when they actually get it.

I have a lot of respect for you because you are doing something I will never do.

Teaching is such tough thing, I do not want to deal with annoying or idiotic dinguses.

you deserve more money

So, are NYC teachers off today? Hope so!

I'm supposed to head into Queens (from Manhattan) via public transportation today to administer a survey to patients...but, alas, the snow has slowed things considerably...so I don't think I'll be able to make it...

What can you do?! :rolleyes:

snow, what is this snow you speak of?
I live in Florida

Well, it is Day1 of Operation Blizzard (of Day3), and everything is business as usual. Don't drive too fast.

School is open :( (I normally wouldn't mind it, but I have only one class today, and I have no idea if it is on or not... the prof doesn't post announcements on his website).

at least we're getting a 2 hour delay in maryland...

2 hours less of class i have to teach today :D

stay safe on the roads :luck:

tinkerbelle said:
at least we're getting a 2 hour delay in maryland...

2 hours less of class i have to teach today :D

stay safe on the roads :luck:
I hope you get to enjoy the snow more than I can... I'll be stuck inside in class and working on a lab report.....