Rugger81

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2004
Status
I teach high school chem here in NY. Please pray for more snow. I really don't want to go to work tomorrow. :thumbdown:

wendywellesley

speller extrodinaire
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2004
the giggle pit
Status
it's been snowing really really hard where i am in NY. i wouldn't be surprised in schools were closed tomorrow.

docjolly

On Cloud Nine, Once Again
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2004
The Empire State
Status
Attending Physician
Rugger81 said:
I teach high school chem here in NY. Please pray for more snow. I really don't want to go to work tomorrow. :thumbdown:
Hey Rugger, are you in the City? I'm a teacher in the City, and it's been snowing non-stop since school ended earlier today. I'm with you on the not wanting to go to work tomorrow :thumbup: I'm keeping optimistic that the weather may be in our favor tomorrow :luck:

OP
R

Rugger81

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2004
Status
docjolly said:
Hey Rugger, are you in the City? I'm a teacher in the City, and it's been snowing non-stop since school ended earlier today. I'm with you on the not wanting to go to work tomorrow :thumbup: I'm keeping optimistic that the weather may be in our favor tomorrow :luck:
i'm out on eastern Long Island. I just heard it's not going to stop until around 3 or 4am. That might be a good thing!

tinkerbelle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2003
Neverland
Status
Attending Physician
Being a teacher rocks :) I think I'm getting greedy though... even though we had thursday, friday, & monday off , I still want more :D

Anyways. I hope we all get another day to relax :luck:

sunny123

BOSCO!!!!
10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2005
Pulling a rickshaw down Bay St.
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
The snow is coming down!!!! WHOOOO!!!

fullefect1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2003
Mass
Status
It is snowing pretty good over here in dartmouth, ma. Hopefully the classes will be cancelled because I reallyl need my population biology test to a couple days later.

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
Caleefornia
Status
dr.z said:
I wish it snowed here in So Cal so schools would be closed.
Oh, sunny Caleefornia.

tigress

queen of the jungle
10+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hey, it snowed all day here in the suburbs Philadelphia and schools closed early. I'd say we got about 6 or 7 inches. All headed your way :p
Good luck

virilep

What can Brown do for u?
15+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2004
Visit site
Status
Rugger81 said:
dude, teaching chem is cool! My kids are awesome. I love it when they actually get it.

Without Wax

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2005
Status
I have a lot of respect for you because you are doing something I will never do.

Teaching is such tough thing, I do not want to deal with annoying or idiotic assholes.

you deserve more money

ajt2003

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2004
Status
So, are NYC teachers off today? Hope so!

I'm supposed to head into Queens (from Manhattan) via public transportation today to administer a survey to patients...but, alas, the snow has slowed things considerably...so I don't think I'll be able to make it...

What can you do?! :rolleyes:

sunny123

BOSCO!!!!
10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2005
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Well, it is Day1 of Operation Blizzard (of Day3), and everything is business as usual. Don't drive too fast.

School is open :( (I normally wouldn't mind it, but I have only one class today, and I have no idea if it is on or not... the prof doesn't post announcements on his website).

tinkerbelle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2003
Neverland
Status
Attending Physician
at least we're getting a 2 hour delay in maryland...

2 hours less of class i have to teach today :D

stay safe on the roads :luck:

sunny123

BOSCO!!!!
10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2005
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
tinkerbelle said:
at least we're getting a 2 hour delay in maryland...

2 hours less of class i have to teach today :D

stay safe on the roads :luck:
I hope you get to enjoy the snow more than I can... I'll be stuck inside in class and working on a lab report.....