Prayer Template/Macro Before Pain Injections & Procedures

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
This has come up more frequently in our group. We've approved the following Evangelical/traditional Christian prayer template/macro "dot phrase" for medico-legal documentation purposes. Other faiths may need modifications as required.

"Dear Heavenly Father, please watch over us today as *** undergoes a procedure today to relieve his/her pain. Please grant Dr. *** the skill, steadiness, and technique to place the pin/needle/trochar/biologic product/bone cement/medication/probe/stim lead in the precise location. Please look over our family and guide us through this difficult time. We ask for these things in the name of the Son, the Father, and the Holy Ghost. Amen.

Members don't see this ad.

whenever i am in the middle of a procedure and i hear a hail mary or an our father from the patient, i know things arent going well. happened twice last week. maybe i shouldnt use a 16g for my mbbs

Reactions: 1 user
This has come up more frequently in our group. We've approved the following Evangelical/traditional Christian prayer template/macro "dot phrase" for medico-legal documentation purposes. Other faiths may need modifications as required.

"Dear Heavenly Father, please watch over us today as *** undergoes a procedure today to relieve his/her pain. Please grant Dr. *** the skill, steadiness, and technique to place the pin/needle/trochar/biologic product/bone cement/medication/probe/stim lead in the precise location. Please look over our family and guide us through this difficult time. We ask for these things in the name of the Son, the Father, and the Holy Ghost. Amen.

Did you get a release of records from the patient to mention their name to the Heavenly Father?

Did the Heavenly Father sign a BAA with your company???!!!

Is your prayer encrypted in transit and at rest????

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

If you do not believe that God exists, which is what I gather from this post (and I apologize if I misunderstood you), then I would recommend politely deferring.

Flippant or insincere communication with the creating and sustaining force of the universe, and the moral judge of all mankind, is not recommended. Even if done with good intentions.

If you do not believe that God exists, which is what I gather from this post (and I apologize if I misunderstood you), then I would recommend politely deferring.

Flippant or insincere communication with the creating and sustaining force of the universe,
and the moral judge of all mankind, is not recommended. Even if done with good intentions.

I didn't see any mention of Trump

20170710_181213.jpg
Prayer recommended if either of these guys is your doctor.

Flippant or insincere communication with the creating and sustaining force of the universe, and the moral judge of all mankind, is not recommended. Even if done with good intentions.

Some of my patients want me to pray with them before their procedure. I don't mind doing so. I'm just trying to be efficient.

On a related note: I was taking the bus to work this morning and the bus driver was playing very loud Christian rock over the PA system. I was torn between asking him to turn it down and not wanting to offend the guy with his life in my hands. I'm don't mind mixing faith and music, but I'm more of a Johnny Cash man than a Jars of Clay man.

Some of my patients want me to pray with them before their procedure. I don't mind doing so. I'm just trying to be efficient.

In all honesty, I've always found it very comforting when patients want to pray before procedures. I'm happy to join them. Pretty rare up here in Seattle, however.

At DRG training they recommended saying a quick prayer to Tim Deer before your first trial. I think I will just stick to my standard prayer to Dr Racz though.