Prayers for the VT students & families!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poster

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to take this time to offer our prayers and sympathy for the people of Virginia.

Members don't see this ad.

Still in shock....

Still in shock....

Terrible. We need better gun control (at least be a citizen and three day waiting period with verification of I.D./fingerprinting by FBI) or let more people carry firearms at work. V.T. has a no gun policy on campus.
(Idea by Bill O'Reilly tonight on his talk show)

Members don't see this ad :)
I have to say I don't agree with O'Reilly on this one. There are millions of people (I'm one of them)who own a gun in this country who don't go on killing sprees. Gun control is not the answer. This kid would have just bought a gun off the street, built a bomb, or figured out some other way to do it, even if there were more strict laws.

But, getting back to the original post, I'm sorry for all the victims. That story about the professor who survived the holocaust and then died saving his students hurts my heart. I just can't imagine how terrifying that was for everyone involved.

I feel bad for the shooter's family, too. They are mourning the loss of their son AND have to deal with the horrible thing he did.

I have to say I don't agree with O'Reilly on this one. There are millions of people (I'm one of them)who own a gun in this country who don't go on killing sprees. Gun control is not the answer. This kid would have just bought a gun off the street, built a bomb, or figured out some other way to do it, even if there were more strict laws.

But, getting back to the original post, I'm sorry for all the victims. That story about the professor who survived the holocaust and then died saving his students hurts my heart. I just can't imagine how terrifying that was for everyone involved.

I feel bad for the shooter's family, too. They are mourning the loss of their son AND have to deal with the horrible thing he did.

O'Reilly wan't advocating anything on his show. He was just pointing out that Virginia has very lax gun laws. NO person should be allowed to walk into a gun store and walk out the same day with a Glock. The guy wasn't even a Citizen of this country and should have had a back-ground check (no just a data base search) with three day waiting period.

I admit this may not change anything but it is reasonable and prudent. You still get to own a gun but I get to make sure you are a Citizen, You are not using a fake I.D. (no criminal back-ground) and you had to wait three days (cooling off period). Anyone who can't pass these simple requirements shouldn't own a gun legally.

Before you respond please answer this question. Do you lock your doors at night? When you go on vacation? What about security alarms? Does any of this make a difference on robbery? These are SIMPLE steps we all take so at least the criminal has to exert some effort to rob our homes. THe fact is Virginia's gun laws are ridiculous. It is easier to walk into a gun store and then walk out one hour later and kill someone than it is to rob my house.
You should at least have to exert some effort in the process.

The killer was a psychopath. I congratulate you on your sympathy for the killer's family. But, at this time I have NONE for the killer or his family just anger at them and Virginia Tech for not issuing a warning after the first two murders. There WAS Sufficient time for SWAT, Police Helicopters, etc. to tell students there MAY BE a murderer on campus. All Classes should have been closed ASAP.

I understand that hindsight is 20/20. But, the lax Virginia gun laws and the way V.Tech handled the situation makes me very angry. Please give me a few days to deal with this anger.

Please give me a few days to deal with this anger.

Apparently you'll have PLENTY of time to deal with your anger. Good riddance - I grew weary of your posts.

Apparently you'll have PLENTY of time to deal with your anger. Good riddance - I grew weary of your posts.

imagine how much more civil this forum would be if we were required to register with our real names and have a picture of ourselves as our avatar.

i, for one, know i would stop posting here. :laugh:

imagine how much more civil this forum would be if we were required to register with our real names and have a picture of ourselves as our avatar.

i, for one, know i would stop posting here. :laugh:

me too

I think Cho is paranoid schizophrenic. His parents supposedly called the authority about their son being suicidal back in 2005.

I think Cho is paranoid schizophrenic. His parents supposedly called the authority about their son being suicidal back in 2005.

did anyone see the tape he sent NBC on the news tonight? the guy was SERIOUSLY disturbed.

O'Reilly wan't advocating anything on his show. He was just pointing out that Virginia has very lax gun laws. NO person should be allowed to walk into a gun store and walk out the same day with a Glock. The guy wasn't even a Citizen of this country and should have had a back-ground check (no just a data base search) with three day waiting period.

Banned for this?

Banned for this?

no. when you log in and post, your IP is saved. if you set-up multiple accounts, and post with the same IP, the mods can see it. having sock-puppets is a TOS violation. i wouldn't be surprised if he was busted having "conversations" with himself. if you have a DSL line or an cable modem, you probably have a static IP, which makes it much harder to play the sock-puppet game under the watchful eye of a wary mod.

you can also search those same IP's to see where people are in general geographical terms and who their ISP is. the internet isn't nearly as anonymous as some of you would think...

check your own IP here:

http://checkip.dyndns.org/

look-up IP's (yours or others) here:

http://www.arin.net/whois/

The killer was a psychopath. I congratulate you on your sympathy for the killer's family. But, at this time I have NONE for the killer or his family just anger at them and Virginia Tech for not issuing a warning after the first two murders. There WAS Sufficient time for SWAT, Police Helicopters, etc. to tell students there MAY BE a murderer on campus. All Classes should have been closed ASAP.

I understand that hindsight is 20/20. But, the lax Virginia gun laws and the way V.Tech handled the situation makes me very angry. Please give me a few days to deal with this anger.

I did think about the killer's family. it must be horrible for them. The fact that their son did this doesn't mean they share the same beliefs with him. It's sad for everyone's family, for the family of those who were killed as well those who lost their son.
I think they kid had psych issues and could have been helped instead of letting loose and commiting this horror.