1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

prayers, well wishes, and crossed fingers (keep us posted)

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by olemissbabydoc, Apr 7, 2007.

1. olemissbabydoc

olemissbabydoc Baby Doctor
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    All today's MCATers:

:luck: :luck: :luck: and let us know how it goes!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. TunedToStatic

Pre-Medical
    Walked in at 7:20 am
    Walked out at 11:40 am

Felt pretty good. Consistant with the CBT formatted practice tests, although no search function. Prompts werent bad at all. No problem with fingerprinting or breaks at all (only 5 taking at that site). Overall I would say it was exactly what I expected.

4. NervousNed

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)

exactly the way you want things to go,youll do grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat

5. caliboy007

caliboy007 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I started at like 8, got out by 12:15

PS - probably the easiest I've seen (this is my 3rd MCAT)
    VR - around the same level as before
    BS - hardest section by far, a lot of molecular genetics, organic stuff was pretty tough too

Writing prompts were actually a bit challenging this time compared to the January test. I was a bit surprised, but i guess it doesn't matter much anyways

6. Swatch_VR

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Wow...only took a little more than 4 hours, you guys didn't take the breaks between sections?

7. caliboy007

caliboy007 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I took all the breaks... even extended them. I'd go back to my computer after fingerprinting in and wait for the timer to hit zero, and then wait for it to go to the next section (which took another few minutes since i didnt hit OK)... then starting writing equations down and stuff on the scratch paper before the timer began. when i think back, i prob starting around 7:30AM... i was the first one in the room

8. SnoPearl

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    lol you guys are hardcore, doing the whole thing in one breath! I took all my breaks too, though I always ended a minute or two early. I thought the signing in and out process was pretty well done. But my screen kept flickering the whole time, which gave me a headache.

9. Swatch_VR

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    So do they have a timer for your 10 min breaks?

And are you saying that even after the timer hit 0 min after 10 min has elapsed, you can still wait a few mins before clicking "OK" to start the next section?

10. Funky

Funky This space is for sale
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    wow, it's already the april mcat? It felt like i took the jan one yesterday

congrats you who've taken it today
    hoping for the best :luck:

11. ParvatiP

ParvatiP Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    It was a lot better than I expected (not the content of the test, just the setting and stuff). We got started before 8am (i probably started around 7:50), the center I took it in was really nice. Computer was fine, no problems. It was really quiet, not distracting at all. There were probably only like 10-13 students taking at this center, so there was no wait during the break- very quick. I took 2 breaks, 1 after PS and 1 after VR + WS, and didn't even use up all the time on them so i was finished pretty quickly. The woman who checked us in was very pleasant and friendly and the center just had a very comfortable atmosphere to it- I wasn't really nervous at all.

I really sped through the test! I finished with like 20 minutes on PS and VR and like 30 minutes on BS!!! I checked over everything though, so I still used up the whole time. But it was nice not to feel so rushed, even though on my practice tests I didn't have as much spare time.

Good luck to those who are taking later this month!

12. finality333

finality333 fĭ-zĭsh'ən
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hey Caliboy, i took the exam in January, and i realized that the exam didnt start alone after the time had finished. But are you saying that if you wait a certain time (how long please, if you can estimate) that it would start you without your OK click?

13. DrGoofy

2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    i arrived at the testing site at 6:50am. the door was still locked haha. they didn't let me in til 7:10. I started my test at 7:20 am and ended at 12:30. I left the room after each section.. had plenty of time to use the bathroom and eat a snack... surprisingly 10 minutes is plenty (if there aren't a lot of people taking a break the same time you are). so my word of advice is to get there early, so you can start early!

overall, the testing center was very quiet. the headphones were helpful to me. there is NO search button, so don't expect that. and the timer is on the bottom left hand corner (and not upper right hand corner like on practice aamc's). everything else was pretty much the same. oh, and you only get 5 minutes for the tutorial at the beginning (not 10 minutes).

14. DrGoofy

2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    that happened to me too... i would say... 3 minutes maybe? but thats just my guess

15. WonderBoy

Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hey, what test center in NY did you take it at? Looking for a decent center in NY.

good luck on scores!

16. ParvatiP

ParvatiP Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I took it in Syracuse

17. SnoPearl

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I was also annoyed at the whole "marking a question" functionality. You had to make sure you highlighted the correct question before pressing a button at the bottom that says "Mark", and then when you go back to review your marked questions, it only displays your marked question with the entire rest of that passage. But you can't tell if you marked any other questions in that passage, because if you press "Next", it takes you to the next passage that you marked questions in. I missed a lot of marked questions before realizing this, and had to start comparing with the table at the end of the section. Really not good :(

18. caliboy007

caliboy007 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

After the thing hit zero, I can't really estimate. I was there for about 5 minutes after it hit zero and I didn't really test it to see how long it would be there before starting... but its at least 5 minutes (it was 5 minutes when i decided to push start)